15

"What's the next step Aomine?" Kagami moved closer to him, this time he didn't notice the headache even though he still had it.

"Why are you in a hurry?" Aomine narrowed his eyes at Kagami, raising one eyebrow.

"My superior wants me to bring you back to heaven," Kagami furrowed his brow, "I can't delay her for long."

Aomine sat up straighter, looking into Kagami's eyes, "Why are you helping me?"

"I promised you that I would," Kagami looked at him expectantly, "I don't break my promises."

"I would think that when your neck is on the line and you have a promise to your superior, that you would break this one," Aomine looked into Kagami's red eyes, searching for something.

Kagami broke eye contact, looking down.  He couldn't quite say why he was choosing Aomine over Riko, but he was and he felt like it was worth it.  He looked back up at Aomine, "When I'm around you, I think I feel...  I'm still figuring out what all of these feelings are, but I want to feel more."

Aomine smirked, "Those are dangerous words."  He reached out to gently touch Kagami's cheek, stroking his soft skin with his thumb.

Kagami could feel his face start to heat up and he didn't know why.  But he did like the feeling of Aomine's hand on his cheek and he didn't want to push him away.  He stayed, looking into Aomine's deep blue eyes.  There was something in the air between them, but Kagami couldn't say exactly what.

After a minute, he cleared his throat, pulling back a little, "What's the next step?"

"Um... to repent as humans do," Aomine said with a shrug, missing the moment between him and Kagami.

Kagami narrowed his eyes a little, "Are you just making these up or do you know they'll work?"

"I don't know they'll work," Aomine paused, a part of him didn't want to lie to this pure angel, but he had to, "And I'm not making them up."