29

Kagami stared at Aomine. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, he just couldn't. "Y-you mean that I..." he stammered, "was human before..."

Aomine nodded. Kagami's knees gave out and he slid back down the wall, collapsing to sit on the floor of the cave. Aomine sat down next to him, leaning back against the cave wall. He looked straight ahead as he said, "When I fell, I fell right to the place where we had last been together. I destroyed it, just like you did to the meadow outside. You were still there, having a seizure. I pulled my broken body over to you, I had no idea what was going on. I tried to touch your chest to heal you, but of course it didn't work. But then a minute later, you were fine. Different, but fine. I could feel the aura around you, at the time, I didn't know why you got my grace, but you did." Aomine paused, looking at Kagami, "As soon as you saw me, you hugged me. You didn't know that you were different, or that touching me would heal me or that it would take away your memories."

"All this time... I had no idea," Kagami looked into his lap, he felt so guilty for not remembering Aomine or anything about being human. And apparently, here there were for a second time, one of them falling to be with the other. Kagami turned his gaze up to Aomine, "But you haven't forgotten me. You even healed me."

Aomine shrugged, "I was an angel before."

He looked closer at Aomine, "Why would the other angels ever send me to find you if I'm the very one that became an angel because of you."

"They never knew," Aomine smiled back at Kagami, "Besides the only other angel who was around then was Akashi. He never found out what became of my grace. But I wonder if he felt that it was the same one when he pulled it out of you."

Kagami looked back down, he really felt like he should've done something, like he should remember something. But he didn't. The first memory he could recall, he was an angel, staring at the starry sky in his favorite spot. He looked back up at Aomine, tears in his eyes when a thought dawned on him, "If you're an angel again and I'm human, then does that mean... we can't be together?"

Aomine rested his hand on Kagami's cheek, "I'll do whatever it takes to be with you forever."

[A/N: I'm thinking the next part might be the last one, because then it'll end with 30 parts! not sure on this though. what did you think of this chapter? was it too much talking, not enough action? was it boring? does it feel dragged out? or you liking it? still want to see them with a happy ending??]