27

Kagami was stunned, he couldn't move for a whole minute.  He didn't believe what he was hearing, he didn't want to.  He turned his face, forcing Aomine's hand off his cheek.  "You were just using me..." Kagami couldn't stop the tears that were spilling onto his cheeks.

Aomine pulled his hand away, "When I first saw you, I knew you were different.  I knew you were a good person and that I... I could get you to fall for me."

"Was any of it even real?"  Kagami pulled his knees up to his chest, he felt so... betrayed.  He couldn't believe that he'd been so tricked by the person he loved.

"It was, it is," Aomine couldn't take it, he couldn't take the hurt on Kagami's face.  He reached out, taking Kagami's face in both of his hands, "Please believe me."

Kagami shook his head, "Why?  You said you lied."

"About the steps, but I didn't lie about my feelings."  Aomine wiped Kagami's tears with his thumbs, "The last time I felt like this was what led to my falling from heaven.  I used the pretense to get close to you, to even make love to you."

"Why..." Kagami rested a hand over Aomine's, he wanted to believe that Aomine was sincere, he really did.

Aomine looked down, "Because I wanted us to be connected before you fell..." he looked back up at Kagami, looking into his ruby eyes, "And now your grace that was taken from you, is in me."

Kagami pulled Aomine's hands from his face.  He wasn't sure he believed him anymore.  Either way, he still needed time to process all of this.  To grieve for all that he gave up so apparently Aomine could take it.  "How could you do such a thing... making me fall from heaven," he slowly stood up, looking down at Aomine, "Did you even know this would work?"

"I did..." Aomine said, looking straight ahead of him at the wall behind Kagami's legs.  He stood up too, looking Kagami right in the eye, "I knew because it's what happened to me when I fell."

[A/N: what do you think? Believe Aomine? Think he's sincere? Do you think Kagami should forgive him? Want to know more about when Aomine fell?]