13

Kagami changed the scene and he and Aomine were once again standing in the clearing by the cave.  Kagami stepped closer to Aomine, "Why did those flowers make the person so happy?"

"They were pretty and it was one of the last things they were going to see?"  Aomine shrugged a little, "You can't really explain emotions, you just have to feel them."

"But you were an angel, and now you're feeling... emotions," Kagami furrowed his brow, "How does that work?"

Aomine laughed, shrugging and walking back inside the cave.  "I don't know what to tell you, you can't make yourself feel.  You have to just... let go."

"Let go?"  Kagami stood there for a moment before he realized that Aomine was walking the other way, he turned quickly following him into the cave, "What does that mean, let go?"

Aomine shook his head, sitting down in the cave, leaning back against the wall, "Look, the more answers you get, the more questions you'll have.  So just let go and let it come.  If you feel, you'll feel.  If you don't then you'll stay a pure angel.  That simple."

Kagami sat down across from Aomine, brows still furrowed.  The words Aomine was saying made sense enough, but all together?  He was still having difficulty grasping the meaning Aomine was trying to get at.  Angels operated on orders, he wasn't sure he could just let go and let himself feel, there was no order for that.

He closed his eyes, leaning back with a sigh.  He wasn't going to understand by thinking about it more.  Maybe stopping thinking about it was what Aomine meant.  He'd go with that for now and see what happens.  He looked back at Aomine, "How do you know these steps will get you back into heaven?  I haven't heard of a fallen angel rising back into heaven before."

"Probably because it's never happened," Aomine folded his hands behind his head, smirking, "Doesn't mean it can't be done."

"But will this really work?"  Kagami leaned forward again, worry creasing his brow.  "Do you know?"

Aomine shrugged, "I guess I don't.  I know there's a way back into heaven.  I guess you'll just have to trust me on that."

Kagami looked at him a moment longer before dropping his gaze and nodding slightly.  He wasn't sure if that was supposed to be reassuring or not, it didn't feel very reassuring.  Aomine sat up straighter, narrowing his eyes a little, "Don't you have to go back to your superior in heaven or something?"

Kagami tilted his head to the side, not sure what Aomine meant, "But I'm helping you?"

"Won't your superiors get suspicious if you're gone too long?"  Aomine leaned back again, closing his eyes.

"I think they'd be more suspicious if I came back without you," Kagami kept looking at Aomine.  He actually wasn't sure.  His orders were to find Aomine, not to do anything else.  Maybe his task was actually complete now that he'd encountered Aomine.  But staying here with Aomine, did that mean he was disobeying his orders?  He hoped not, he was a good angel and always followed through, surely this couldn't be bad.