Prologue

Chase William's POV :

"Mr Williams," I looked up from my computer as I heard my assistant Amber spoke.

"Yes ?," I asked expectantly waiting for her answer.

"There's a gentleman here to see you"

"Does he have an appointment ?," I asked going back to my typing.

"No he doesn't," I raised an eyebrow at her.

I was just going to tell her to leave my office when she spoke saying something that had me weak in the knees.

"He says it's about your wife"

My head snapped up to look at her in the eyes. It was all I could do to keep my cool. With a stiff nod in her direction I swiveled around in my chair to gaze out at the city before me. My wife, Natalia, is the light in the darkness that surrounds me. I met her when I was in college. At that time I was in a very bad place as I was dealing with the death of a very close friend.

We met when she accidentally bumped into me spilling her hot chocolate on me. I was quite surprised because it was in the middle of the day and she was drinking hot chocolate.

She apologised over and over again offering to purchase a new shirt for me seeing how the one I had on had a stain on it due to the hot chocolate. This was the first time in a long while that anyone had ever been so nice to me without even knowing who I was.

Her kind and compassionate nature was what drew me to her and so I asked her on a date. We had so much fun that I asked her over and over until we moved in together and eventually I proposed to her.

I've had the time of my life with her. I love her so much and I'm so glad that I get to spend the rest of my life with her.

"Mr Williams ?"

I turned around when I heard my name being called. I looked up to see that it was a scrawny looking man with an envelope in his hand.

"Can I help you ?"

"No," he responded "but I can help you"

I looked up at him clueless on how he could possibly help me.

"This was left at my house by mistake," he said handing me the envelope.

I cautiously took the envelope from him "how does this concern my wife ?," I asked confused

He didn't say anything only signaled to the envelope showing me to turn it around. There was a note attached to the envelope. The words typed on it piqued my curiosity about what was in the envelope.

Looks can be deceiving........ Just like your wife.

The words on the card were like a knife jammed straight into my heart. I desperately tore open the envelope to reveal the contents inside. I didn't even realize that the man left as I was so transfixed by the photos before me. The photos showed me my biggest fear, my Natalia cheated on me.

I can't believe that she would do this to me. In this very moment all I felt was heartbreak. Grabbing my car keys I flung open the doors of my office and stalked towards the elevator I was so angry that I missed the smirk that was on Amber's face.

In a rage I quickly got my car myself since I gave my driver the day off.

In less than twenty minutes I arrived home. I headed straight for the music room where I knew she would be because she loved to play the piano. As soon as I stepped into the room she paused her playing to look up at me a beautiful smile set on her face.

"Hey honey, how was work ?," she asked

"It was fine," I hissed looking away from her.

"What's wrong ?," she asked her beautiful eyes gazing at me with concern.

The way she was looking at me was my undoing.

"Get out," I shouted at her "get out now and never come back"

My heart broke as she wiped at the tears that were streaming down her face.

"What did I do ?," she cried "where should I go, I'm preg-"

I didn't give her the chance to finish her sentence as I cut her off.

"I don't care you slut, just stay the hell away from me"

With that said I turned away from her ignoring her cries and that voice inside my head telling me to comfort her. Like the heartbroken man that I am I locked myself in my study. I thought back to my wife and all that we've been through.

Looks truly are deceiving.

****************************************************************

Hope you guys like it.
Remember to :
Vote
Comment

PS: Please check out my official Facebook account for wattpad. It's under the name "Ruth Stevens" and it is where you can find sneak peeks, updates and overall more interaction with my readers. So please do check it out.