Chapter 14 : Amber

Natalia Walker's POV :

"Well...well...well...what do we have here ?"

"Amber", I spat, so far passed disgusted with this woman.

"What are you doing here ?", I sneered at her.

She smiled at me, slowly making her way towards me. I stood still watching her every move until she was right in front of me.

"I'm here to see my fiancé"

"Fiancé ?", I laughed out loud at that. The very first day I met Amber I could see it clearly that she had a crush on Chase. I never said anything because Chase was never interested in her and I had nothing to worry about. Now I do have to worry because this woman is clearly delusional going on crazy.

"What's so funny ?", she snapped at me.

"Y-you", I continued to laugh holding on to my tummy to prevent myself from rolling on the ground.

"Laugh all you want", she said taking a step closer to me "I'm the one he really loves while your just the slut that got left behind with a bastard for a child"

I couldn't help it. I really tried but I just couldn't. I personally don't think that I should be blamed for what happened because she provoked me. Anyone can talk shit about me and I won't care but when you bring my baby boy into it you just initiated world war III.

She crossed the line when she spoke about my son like that so I did the most reasonable thing. I slapped her, hard enough for it to leave a mark that will remind her to never speak ill of my son again.

"Y-you h-hit me ?", she gasped as if not believing what just happened.

"Yes I did", I shouted at her "let that be a warning to you.....never speak about my son that way again"

I smirked at the way she flinched from my voice as if the words I spoke burned her skin. I opened my mouth to say something to her but I was utterly surprised when she ran around me and straight into Chase's room. I stood there completely stunned by what just happened. She ran past me like a robber when a robbery goes wrong.

I turned to directly face his room when it sank in that she ran into Chase's room. The same Chase who had amnesia and could be easily manipulated. If it were anyone else I wouldn't worry but Amber is clearly crazy.

I walked into the room just in time to see Chase examining Amber's face, where I hit her. I don't know what I felt in that moment but just looking at them made me feel as if they were in their own little world.

I know I wasn't jealous I mean why would I be. That didn't stop me from slamming the door shut and bringing all the attention to me. I didn't say anything just stood there and watched. It was just seconds later that Amber spoke.

"There she is, she's the one who hit me"

I rolled my eyes at that, to me she sounded like a kid complaining to his/her teacher.

Chase looked at me his brow furrowed "did you hit her ?"

"Yes I did", I answered without hesitation cause the way I saw it Chase would never dare to hit me and Amber well....she's not really a match for me.

"Why did you ?", Chase asked curiously.

"Well she called my son a bastard"

"She did what ?", he growled his voice taking on a dangerous tone as he turned to glare at her.

I never saw someone run so fast. She could easily break Usain Bolt's record at the Olympics and that's saying something cause he's the fastest man in the world.

I turned to face Chase a shocked expression on my face. As soon as I looked at him I burst out laughing. I laughed even harder when Chase started laughing along with me.

It was just a second later that he stopped laughing completely as if remembering something. I ceased my laughter to stare at him wondering what caused a change in his mood. I was left flabbergasted by his question.

"You have a son ?"

I let out a deep sigh. I wasn't ready to talk about this with him but I might as well now since Luke would soon be here.

"Yes...", I sighed deeply "I.....we have a son"

"I have a son", he repeated a big grin on his face.

I smiled at him glad that he was happy about it. I actually thought he would have more questions about him.

"When can I see him ?", he asked excitedly.

"Calm down", I chuckled softly "you need some rest, so go to sleep and when you wake up you'll get to meet him"

He grinned at me holding out a hand to me. I walked over to him to place my hand gently in his. My smile widened as he raised my hand to his lips to drop soft butterfly kisses on my palm.

His eyes slowly started to close and I knew then that the drugs had started to have a effect on him. I kissed his forehead and exited the room.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Please :
Vote
Comment
Share