Chapter 21 : Remembering and Backing Off

Natalia Walker's POV :

"What ?!"

"What do you mean Luke's been kidnapped ?!," I shouted "I just left him at the house a few minutes ago"

"I know," he said looking down at his shoes "we were ambushed they came out of nowhere.... They knocked Chase out and took Luke while we were trying to catch them but we only managed to catch one of them"

I sighed deeply taking in a gush of air to calm myself. I just left my precious baby for 10 minutes and this is what happens, he gets taken from me. I have a feeling that bitch Amber did it but I really hope for her sake that she is clueless about all this or else there will be hell to pay.

I put down the product that I was about to purchase. My little trip to the grocery store will have to be cut short.

"Let's go," I glared at Damon.

"Where to ?," he asked his voice shaky.

I rolled my eyes at him "where's Chase ?," I asked as we stepped out of the store.

"He's in the car....he got a bruise to the head but he refused to see a doctor"

I let out a sigh of frustration. First I find out Luke is taken and now this. My day just keeps getting better and better. I walked to the black SUV that was parked near the driveway and peered inside. The windows were heavily tinted and so I couldn't see inside.

I glanced at Damon who immediately opened the front door and climbed in avoiding looking at me. Taking a deep breath I pulled open the door and looked inside. Chase was turned away from me but as soon as he heard the door open he turned to stare at me as if seeing me for the first time.

"I'm so sorry," he cried out "I'm so sorry for everything.... Its all my fault"

I quickly climbed in closing the door behind me. I could tell that there was something much more than Luke's kidnapping that was affecting him and for the life of me I couldn't think what could make him this upset when he can't remember a lot of things.

Luckily I had installed a glass partition in this car for times like these. I tapped Damon on is shoulders getting his attention.

I gave him a small smile to not freak him out more. A angry mother is not to be messed with.

"Do me a favour and listen something while you take me to Talia's house"

"Okay"

I leaned back in the seat after closing the partition to give us some privacy.

"What's wrong ?," I asked Chase turning to face him.

"I'm such an idiot," he spoke softly.

"Your not an idiot," I sighed rubbing his arm.

"Oh but I am," he whispered "and don't try to say I'm not" he interrupted me before I could speak.

"I remember Natalia.... I remember everything"

"You what ?," I gasped looking at surprised.

"I remember," he sighed "when they....," he paused "when the kidnappers knocked me out I hit my head pretty hard on the ground.... I was out for a good couple minutes and when I came our of it I couldn't remember anything not even my name but after a minute it all started coming back to me.... It was all so sudden, so consuming. I remember everything and I just don't think I could live with myself knowing what I did to you and our son"

"Chase," I whispered softly trying to stop him from speaking anymore because it hurt just hearing what he was saying.

"No Natalia.... I need to say this and you need to hear it," his voice cracked revealing to me just how much emotion he was speaking with.

"Everything that's happening now is all my fault, if I didn't let my insecurities get the better of me we'd still be together and Luke would still be with us right now. Oh God, Luke my one and only son.... I failed him, I failed him before he was born and was just in your womb, I failed you the only woman I've ever loved. I'm a failure that's what I am but I've always been too selfish to admit it and change my selfish ways but it all stops here"

He took my hand in his holding it tightly in his own. I looked up at him tears streaming down my face as he stared at me brokenly, tears streaming down his face as well yet to me he still looked so handsome.

"Its stops here Natalia," he spoke calmly "I don't deserve you.... I never have, your like an angel while I'm a beast. I made a mistake that cost me my happiness and now I'm finally going to be the man you deserve and let you be. Like I've said before I don't deserve you, I never will. I don't even deserve to see Luke. I'm not worth being in his life but I promise you one thing I will find him even if its the last thing I do. I will get him back then I'll be out of your lives for good"

I stared at him speechless, not having any idea what to say.

A knock on the door alerted me that we arrived at Talia's. I was so into what Chase was saying I didn't even notice that the car stopped moving. However, Chase was out the door as soon as the car stopped leaving me confused.

He more or less just admitted to backing off, but was that what I still wanted from him.

With a shake of the head I opened my car door. Enough of that, its time to get my son back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there,
I am really sorry for the long wait. School as been so hectic and then I got sick which prevented me from updating. I hope you guys like this chapter. Its a little sad but I hope you still like it.

Remember to :
Vote
Comment
Share

PS : Who wants Chase and Natalia together and who doesn't ?