Chapter 16 : Like Father, Like Son

Natalia Walker's POV :

Its been two days since Chase as been in the hospital and he has been asleep from then. I was really worried because I didn't think the drugs should have affected him that much but the doctors reassured me that he was indeed perfectly fine, his brain was just resting probably in an attempt to regain his memory of the last five years.

I looked up from Luke who was now asleep in my lap. I finally got the chance to tell him about Chase being his father and he was ecstatic. He kept bugging me, asking questions about Chase and continuously asking to see him. When I finally relented and brought him to Chase's hospital room he was unusually quiet. I watched from a distance as he crept up close to Chase's bedside to start at him. He stared at him a while before turning to face me, a look of pure awe on his face.

I walked into the room and sat on the chair that was beside the hospital bed. Luke ran over to me and climbed up in my lap.

"We look a lot alike," he whispered to me "we're both handsome"

I could only stare at him before laughing out loud. It seems my dear son inherited his father's cocky attitude. Not long after Luke fell asleep and is still sleeping right now.

"He's beautiful"

I jumped startled from the sudden voice in the quiet room. I instinctively looked up at Chase to see if he was the one who spoke. A gasp of surprise escaped my lips when I saw that he was awake and staring right back at me.

"He prefers the word handsome", I say to him, not once breaking eye contact.

He smirks at me turning his attention to Luke "like father like son"

I smiled at him having absolutely nothing to say. Its not like I could argue with him on that point. In every day that passes I see a little of Chase in Luke. Sometimes it is so unnerving how alike they are.

I glance down at Luke then back up at Chase who has a tender look on his face. He seems content with a lazy smile on his face.

"Do you remember anything ?," I asked him.

He furrowed his brow as if confused at first until my words finally sank in. He sighed running a hand through his hair.

"I have jumbled images in my head.... I'm not sure when it happened but I remember seeing us taking a picture in front of a coffee shop"

"A coffee shop ?", I quizzed him a small smile on my face.

"Yeah it was a coffee shop....what was its name....oh yes Letty's.... I'm pretty sure that it was Letty's"

"Letty's ?!,"

"Yeah.... Are you okay ?," he asked concerned.

"I'm fine," I whispered lowly

"do you want to talk to him ?," I asked gesturing to Luke who was stirring in my arms.

He eagerly nodded his head at me a huge grin on his face. His grin was so infectious that a smile made its way to my lips.

I gently shook Luke in an attempt to wake him up.

"Luke," I called out to him.

He stirred again this time stretching his small arms.

"Luke,"

I smiled as he slowly opened his eyes to look up at me. I winked at him earning a giggle in return. Leaning down I kissed both his cheeks and then his forehead. I glanced over at Chase to find him looking at me an unreadable expression on his face.

"Guess who's awake ?," I tickled him a little bit to lighten the mood.

"W-who ?," he stuttered through his laughing.

"Your father", I whispered in his ear.

He abruptly stopped laughing and searched the room for his father. When he spotted him he ran over to him squealing,

"Daddy!!"

I quietly slipped out of the room to give them some time alone. I turned around only to bump into someone. I tried to steady myself but as usual I lost my balance and fell.

"Oh my God Nat......I'm so sorry,"

"Talia ?," I groaned confused "help me up"

"Oh yeah of course"

I grabbed on to her extended hands pushing myself up as she helped by pulling me up to my feet.

"Where the hell have you been the last two days ?," I snapped at her.

As usual she ignored my angry tone and smiled at me, pulling me into a hug "I've been investigating"

I tried to pull away from her but she only tightened her hold on me "investigating what ?," I questioned her.

She tightened her hold on me once more "the accident wasn't an accident"

"What do you mean ?," I asked getting nervous.

She pulled away from me only to lean in close to whisper in my ear.

"Somebody tried to kill you"

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey peeps
Hope you enjoy this chapter. This is where things really start to heat up.

Remember to :
Vote
Comment