Enorace: 3:00am (pre-books)

There was a request from HipsterGirl1613 to do an Enorace story. (And a few others)

6/19/19 edit: this is my OTP now and so I'm rewriting the chapter to make it longer and cuter and better! Woohoo!

— — —

Enoch's POV

I woke up at about 3:20 in the morning to go and get some water. The huge house that we lived it seemed so empty and quiet at night, especially compared to its bright and lively aura during the day. Everyone else was sound asleep. At least, that's what I thought...

I walked into the dark kitchen and made my way to the cupboards. The only light I the room was the light from the moon outside. It cast a light blue glow into the room and made it feel peaceful.

I grabbed a glass and turned to the sink, then filled it up. Once I finished drinking the water and put he glass away, I walked back toward the big hallway. I walked through the doorway and went to turn left, but I ran right into the one and only Horace. Literally.

I stepped back, fully flustered seeing as I had just ran face first into him. It wouldn't bother me if it were anyone else, but this was Horace. And I fancied him. We both just stared in silence for a minute. I thanked the house for being fairly dark while my cheeks heated up from blushing.

I was also thankful when Horace decided to break the silence; "Uhm- Enoch, uh, why are you up so early, if I may ask?" He asked so politely.

I sighed, "To get water... I couldn't sleep well. You?"

He shrugged in response, "Why would you care?" He asked sharply, and I won't lie, it hurt a little.

"Well... I guess I'm just curious," I decided to reply, trying to sound genuine when in reality I really cared for the boy...

Horace sighed, "Well... if you must know, I had a nightmare."

He then started walking toward the living room, and I decided to follow him in. He sat on one of the couches, then turned his head and saw me, "You can go back to bed if you want to," He told me. But I couldn't now. I was too awake. Plus, I wanted to talk to him, which I'd never admit to anyone, but it was true.

"Ehh, I'm too awake now. Besides... leaving you down here seems a bit, well... rude."

He flashed a small smile which made my heart tingle. I didn't like it, but at the same time, it felt nice...

I awkwardly sat down next to him and tried to think of something - anything, - to say.

"So what did you dream about?" I asked, finally.

Horace was silent for a moment as he thought, presumably trying to remember the details of the dream.

"Well, A boy with very dark brown hair with Emma, Fiona and Hugh saying goodbye, then Fiona fell off a cliff..." He explained.

"Oh... wow." I whispered, looking down. He nodded.

"Well why don't you try to go to bed and think about happy things?"I asked him.

"Don't you think I've tried that? It doesn't work. I can't control my dreams," he said, slight anger lacing his voice.

"Oh... I didn't realize that," I told him, looking down.

"Wait, do you have those kinds of nightmares every night?" I asked. I didn't know why I hadn't asked him that before.

"Well, not every night..." he said, "but most."

I frowned. Having nightmares constantly must be terrible.

I contemplated what to say next. I knew what I should say, but I didn't know if I could.

I sighed, deciding that it didn't matter if it sounded weird coming from me.

"I'm sorry Horace... that really doesn't sound fun..." I said, mildly shy as I said my next few words, "You deserve much better," I whispered, looking up at him.

I blushed as he looked at me. His eyes bounced back and forth between mine. He was quiet, and I was too.

Before I knew what he was doing, he leaned forward and quickly pressed his lips against my own, then he pulled away.

My eyes went wide and my cheeks heated up again. I felt where he had kissed me, as if he still was. I tried to find words to say, but my mouth couldn't form them.

"I-I'm sorry Enoch..." he stuttered, then I grabbed his hand before he could leave, "No! It's okay, it's fine. I..." I hesitated, "I liked it."

Horace smiled, "Really?" He asked me hopefully.

I smiled and nodded.

— — —

6/19/19: I feel like this was a bit dry or a bit out of character... or both... hgnnhhh ok I'll just have to leave it like that... I'm way to tired to really change it all in depth to be honest... but anyways, I'll change the Emwyn one tomorrow!