Emwyn: Unrequited (post-LoS, pre-MoD)

(I didn't draw the picture) Here's the Emwyn story!

Bookverse (contains some library of souls spoilers)

6/19/20: howdy y'all I'm here to fix this. I'm making it a one sided crush. So Bronwyn likes Emma. But later I'll write a new one where they both like each other, I promise!

— — —
Bronwyn's POV

Emma had gone hysteric over the past week. She hadn't gotten a letter from Jacob in a long time. She was complaining about it constantly and she would get anxiety attack's sometimes too.

It kind of hurt to watch this. I felt that she deserved someone better; someone who would talk to her and actually be there for her.

One afternoon, I was sitting on my bed where we were staying in Devils Acre. It was really quiet, but then the door to my room burst open, then slammed back shut.

Here we go... I thought to myself, then I closed my book and looked up as Emma started pacing. She walked back and forth and started talking, "I don't know why he hasn't written back! He said he would, and he doesn't! What's going on with him?"

"Emma-" I started, then she cut me off.

"What if he doesn't even love me anymore?"

"Emma-"

"What if he's in trouble?!"

"Em-"

"Maybe he just should get it over with and-"

"Emma!" I cut in, standing up and grabbing her shoulders. She stared with wide eyes right into mine and I had to break eye contact before I blushed.

I looked back at her and my heart broke when I saw her saddened face.

"I'm sure he still loves you... maybe he's busy? Or maybe his parents just won't let him write. Calm down, okay?" I said in a gentle tone.

She sighed. "Fine, I'm calming down..."

"Okay" I said, then she hugged me. I froze up, slowly wrapping my arms around her, trying to be gentle.

"Thanks Wyn," she whispered, and I blushed, "A-anytime."

I quickly turned around and looked out the window, pretending to make sure Olive wasn't floating away or something. In reality, I just needed to hide my red cheeks.

"But what if h-" She tried to start again, but I turned and gave her a 'really??' Look.

"I'm sorry... it's just really bugging me," she whispered. My heart twinged with sadness and I then had an idea.

"What if we check the digital mailbox he set up for you?" I said. Her face lit up and she got excited. "Let's get Horace too just in case he knows something."she said. I nodded. We left the room and started walking to Horace's room.

Emma's POV

Once we got there Bronwyn knocked on the door. We heard Horace say to come in'

I opened the door. "Horace you're coming to the present with us so we can check my digital mailbox!" I told him.

What?" He asked confused. Bronwyn picked him up out of his seat. "Let's go" She said.

And just like that, we were off to the present.

~in the present~

We arrived at the postage office that was in one of the more modern loops.

I opened a computer and went to a 'website' that Jacob wrote onto a sticky note.

I remembered the email, I just didn't remember the password, then I frowned.

"Let me try," Horace said, then he typed in something and it worked.

"How did you know it?" Bronwyn asked.

"I may have dreamt it," Horace said.

I checked for an email and there was one. I opened it up and read it. This is what it said:
Hi Emma, don't freak out but my parents are going to send me away to an asylum. They... kinda think I'm crazy... I hope you get this and I just wanna say, since I won't be able to talk to you in there, that I love you. Every one of you. I'll miss you all.
xoxo
Jake

Bronwyn POV

As soon as Emma read Jacob's message her eyes began to tear up.

She ran out of the building and back to the past.

Horace and I chased after her. About mid way back Horace ran out of breath, I told him he could stop for a minute and walk back. I chased after Emma and finally caught up to her.

"Emma, why did you run out like that?" I asked.

"He's going to be taken away Wyn!! I'll never see him again..." she said looking down.

"Hey... it's okay. You'll be fine. Maybe we can help him?" I offered, then she nodded. She looked up at me and I pulled her into a big hug and rubbed her back. "Thanks again Wyn..." she whispered, and I smiled. At least she was happy.

Emma's POV

Bronwyn is like my sister. She is so good at comforting people! She helped me calm down as we went to the room where Miss Peregrine was.

We told Miss Peregrine the news about Jacob and Miss Peregrine decided to take us all to Florida so we could help him.

We set off that evening. I sat next to Bronwyn on our ferry. She looked at me and smiled. "Are you happy we get to save Jake?" She asked. I nodded, and she smiled again, "Good."

— — —
The End! That was fun to write :) the next chapter I think I'll do fugh. If anybody has ideas I'm willing to use them.

6/19/19: well that was fun. I'll edit the next few chapters later. I hope it's better now!