Chapter 5

Ellie stood waiting at the foot of the stairs.

After a talk with Evie's parents and some quick arrangements, Ellie had finally been able to get her sister ready for her journey to Forks. A smile graced her lips at the thought of her home. She was ready to get back to her daily routine and most importantly Jasper. She had not seen him in much too long, and she was ready to be in his arms once again, to feel his lips on hers, and maybe finally tell him she loved him.

"What are you smiling about?" Evie questioned as she pulled her suitcase down the stairs, the wheels popping with each step.

Ellie had been so distracted by her thoughts that she hadn't heard her sister descending the staircase.

Light pink covered her cheeks as she answered, "Just thinking of home."

"Thinking of home or thinking of that guy?" Evie countered, an eyebrow raised in smugness.

"I'm not going to like you being able to read my mind," Ellie said, poking her tongue out.

"That makes two of us," she said, scrunching her nose up. "Keep it clean."

A laugh sounded from Ellie's lips. Her mind was perfectly clean as was her relationship. "Oh, Little Sister, I'm not the one you have to worry about."

Ellie was certain that the large amount of hormonal teenage werewolves that were accumulating in La Push were going to be her real problem. She just wasn't going to tell her sister that.

"Okay, you are older by two minutes. It doesn't count," Evie said, reaching the bottom the staircase and placing her hands on her hips. "I'm older in actions, anyway."

"Yeah right," Ellie scoffed, lifting a brow. "And what actions would those be?"

Before either could continue their argument, Evie's parents entered the foyer.

Brenton O'Connell had tears swimming in his eyes as he gazed upon his daughter. He had only had her a short time, and now she was going off on her own for a short while. It was only until he and Fiera could locate a nice property, but it was long enough without his only child. "Are you two ready?"

A frown pulled Evie's lips down as she shook her head. She was not even the slightest bit ready for this next chapter of her life, but she had no choice. She could already feel the pull of her mark calling her to Washington. She may not be ready, but her new life was ready for her. She could only hope that whatever was in store for her would work out for the best.

Releasing a puff of air, Evie said, "I'm not ready, but it is time."

Ellie smiled at her twin and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, "I'll be there to help you. You're not in this alone."

The road would be hard and long, but as long as the sisters stuck together, they could overcome anything.

Ellie stepped back from her sister before a serious expression shifted onto her face, "Now, I'm going to have to teleport back since I technically entered the country illegally, but I will be at the airport to pick you up as soon as you arrive. Think you can handle it?"

"I don't have a choice," Evie shrugged, turning her head away from her family.

"This life will not destroy you any further, Evie," Ellie said, her face stern. "I will not allow it. You have nothing to fear going to the wolves in Washington. While they may be angry, they are loyal and will protect you, just as you will learn to protect them."

"And the vampires?" Evie's mother asked, not wanting her daughter to have to go through the heartbreak of losing a loved one again.

"Are mine," Ellie answered, a smirk lifting her lips. "They only drink the blood of animals. All humans are safe when it comes to them. The only problem we could have would be nomadic vampires passing through, and we are more than capable of handling any situation that comes our way."