Chapter 17

"I can't say how disappointed I am," Anastasia said, her eyes flickering between the two emissaries seated in front of her. As soon as the two troublemakers had been tended to in the med wing, they had been summoned to her office. Anastasia was aware that the two would have issues due to their notorious tempers, but she had hoped that it wouldn't come to them destroying the academy. She had apparently been wrong in assuming they could handle each other's presence. "You've both been here long enough to know that what happened in the cafeteria today was against every tolerance policy that we have in place."

She adjusted a small wolf figurine on her desk and continued, "I've been more than lenient with both of you, considering your histories, and I don't appreciate the fact that you just cannot seem to keep your tempers in check." She lifted her eyes to the two and was even more disappointed that their expressions remained stoic instead of remorseful. "Because of this, I will be implementing a new rule that will go into effect immediately, and the two of you will be the first to demonstrate what happens when we cannot get along with our fellow emissaries."

A small frown pulled her lips downward as she considered the weight of what she was about to say, but this was something that she had to do in order to establish order in the complex and keep the prophecy on track. If they wouldn't get along on their own, she would force them into it. "From this moment forward, until I declare otherwise, you will do everything together. You will work together, eat together, go to class together. You will even sleep in the same dorm."

"That's not fair, Anastasia," Harmon protested, standing from his seat. His eyebrows furrowed together as a frown shaped his lips. "I've already graduated from the academy. I should not have to attend any more classes."

"I don't want to hear another word, Harmon," Anastasia said sternly. She would not back down from her decision. Everything had to go according to plan, and Harmon's disagreements were small in comparison to what would happen if Eleanor didn't figure out exactly who she was. Besides, destroying the cafeteria was not something that she could just let slide. He would have to deal with the consequences as would Ellie for that incident. "My decision is final. The two of you will start your punishment by repairing the damage you caused to the cafeteria. I expect both walls and the floor to be fixed before next week. Your beds are being moved to a separate dorm as we speak. I don't want to hear any complaints from either of you for the duration of this punishment. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Ma'am," they replied simultaneously causing a glare to be shared between them.

"Very well," Anastasia said, a look of warning on her face as she had not missed the hateful looks they had given each other. "I don't want to see you in this office for disciplinary purposes again. That will be all. You're dismissed."

Ellie stomped her feet as she walked down the hallway with Harmon right behind her. She was not happy that she had to deal with this arrogant boy who thought he could get away with calling her names she was not okay with. He had no idea who she was or what she had been through, and she would not make this easy for him.

"Would you slow down?" he asked, his frown growing with each passing second. It wasn't that he couldn't keep up with the blonde. His legs were more than long enough to do that. He just didn't see the point. Not to mention, he just didn't want to make things easy for her. It was bad enough that he had to see her in the hallways, ever reminding him of what he did not have, but did Ana really have to go as far as forcing them to be attached at the hip? This was the worst idea in the history of ideas. "We don't exactly have anywhere to go until they get the materials to patch up the caf. You don't have to rush."

"I'd rather rush than be near a jerk like you," Ellie snapped, pushing herself further down the hallway. She didn't care what he wanted. He wasn't going to get his way just because he thought he was better than everyone else. She was going to make sure that there was as much space between them as she could get.