Chapter 6

As soon as Bella had woke the next morning, Ellie had deemed her near catatonic. It was as if it didn't matter that Ellie was there trying to help her. The only thing that could help Bella would be if Edward returned. Ellie, on the other hand, was furious. Jasper would be lucky if she didn't kill him if he returned, but Ellie couldn't worry about Bella at the moment. She was due to pick Evie up in Seattle soon. She would work more with Bella when they got back.

The drive to Seattle was tedious, but Ellie knew her sister would be more comfortable taking a vehicle than teleporting beside of her. It also gave her time to think about everything that had happened recently. Besides the crap fest of him leaving, which Ellie had decided would be best left in the back of her mind, her sister had these crazy fire powers that she somehow needed to figure out how to control.

The Academy wasn't an option. They wouldn't let her come until she could control herself, and that could be a while. So Ellie was certain that she would have to come up with a serious game plan if she wanted her sister to learn how to use her fire for good.

When Ellie arrived at the airport, she saw Evie standing there, bag in hand with a frown on her face. As soon as their eyes caught, the scowl on Evie's lips deepened, "You're late."

Ellie pulled her lip between her teeth and winced before she said, "I'm sorry. I'm kinda late more than I should be."

"And that," Evie started before putting her free hand on her hip, "is why I'm not going to jump down your throat." Picking her second bag up and handing it to Ellie and walking toward the familiar silver Porsche, she asked, "Alright. Where is he? You were late, so I get to meet your boyfriend."

Ellie rolled both of her lips into her mouth, having to force the growing lump back down before she could answer, "He's... not here."

"So he's at home?" Evie said, not noticing her twin's tense posture. "Well, what kind of a boyfriend just lets his girlfriend drive off to pick up her other half without coming with her?"

A small whimper left Ellie's lips before she whispered, "The kind that leaves w-without saying goodbye."

Evie turned to her twin quickly, finally taking in the dark circles and the sad look in her eyes and felt a burning feeling grow within her chest. Her eyes narrowed, and anger filled her, "He surely didn't do something as stupid as that."

A single tear rolled down Ellie's cheek before she angrily wiped it away and muttered, "He did." After she placed Evie's bags into the trunk, and they both got into the car, she continued her thought, "You would think after everything that I could learn to not trust a vampire, but apparently, the pull of the tether was too strong, and it made me stupid."

"Tether?" Evie asked. As much as she wanted to comment on Ellie's relationship problems, she knew that was not what her sister needed from her.

"It's an emissary's way of finding their true soulmate," Ellie said as she started the car and began to pull out of the parking lot. "You lock eyes and can literally see your heart strings tie together, and it's like you know everything's going to be alright because they're going to be there forever..."

Elite trailed off, but Evie understood. Her soulmate had just left her. That's not easy for anyone. She would know. David had been hers for years, and then one day he was just ripped away from her by an evil vampire. Vampires were just really sucky in her opinion.

Ellie blanched and looked at her in shock before a giggle sounded from her lips and then a full chorus of laughter. Before either knew it, they were giggling uncontrollably, and Evie was glad that she had unintentionally made her sister smile, even for just a moment, for they were both going to need each other dearly as time passed.

Evie had to say that Ellie's home was nice. The Council had set her up very well when she took leave from Brook Hills. The house was more than one person could ever need, and she was happy that her sister wouldn't have to be alone.

"So, what's a girl gotta do to get digs like these?" she asked, plopping herself onto the sofa and throwing her feet up onto the coffee table.

"Be a murderous wretch with a vicious stalker," Ellie said, milling around in the kitchen. "What do you want for dinner?"

Evie scrunched her nose up at her sister, "Nothing you cook. I like my teeth and my taste buds just the way they are, thank you."

"So pizza then," she nodded before pulling out her phone and pressing three. On the second ring, they answered. "Hey, it's me. I'd just like my usual, and I'm at my place this go. See you in thirty."

Evie watched her with wide eyes, and when she hung up the phone, she immediately spoke, "How often do you order pizza?"

Ellie blushed and instead said, "Get your feet off of my table."

"That often, huh?" Evie giggled, picking her feet up from the table.

"Shut up," Ellie said, shoving her to her side before sitting in the fauteuil. "It's not my fault I can't cook. I've tried. I literally burn water."

"I think it's hilarious," Evie laughed before dodging the throw pillow that had been flung in her direction. "Well, it's a good thing I can cook then. We need to get you off of your pizza diet. Your body won't let you eat all of that junk food forever."

Ellie raised an eyebrow and smirked at her twin before deciding that she would fit in just fine with the Quileute wolves. Evie was going to be okay, and that was one task she could mark off of her to do list.