Just So You Know

Hello my readers! New story here! Loved to hear your thoughts and vote if you like what you read! Thanks!

Hi! I'm Lotus McNally and I'm now twenty-four and in somewhat of a predicament. First let me begin by telling you that I'm from a small town in Maine. My father use to be the mayor before his dirty deeds caught up with him. Yes, I grew up as that spoiled little rich girl everyone hated. True, the richy, snobby crowd I ran with were arrogant little beasts but I had heart and compassion.

So to get to the point after my father was outted we lost everything. And  by everything I mean down to the last ratty dish rag.  I was almost complete with my college when I was told I'd  have to quit due to finances. I was heartbroken because my plan was to take the world over. So my ever so loving father forces me into a engagement I clearly don't want but the asshole is loaded. My father see's dollar signs in this marriage  and opportunity to gain back everything he lost by putting my happiness on the line. After I left college  my so called betrothed allowed me to move to New York to work. After all he's there often due to his billion dollar company.

So I land a decent job considering I didn't complete college or get my degree. The pay wasn't the finest but I was able to afford a small apartment in the ruddy section of town. Any who, I had been working for the company almost three months and the higher ups recognized my expertise and wanted me to move on up the corporate ladder. In order to do so I had to have a interview with the big man. The founder of this company whom I'd never met. As his secretary escorted me into his office he turned from looking out his windowed wall and my stomach literally dropped out my ass. I was looking into the face of the man I thought I'd never see until the end of times, if then. Seven Lambardi and he looked none to happy at my presence.

Flashback to the beginning

It was the beginning of Sumner 2007 and I was barely 18 and just graduated high school. My friends and I had a summer full of parties planned before we headed off into the world going our separate ways. The first party of the summer was planned tonight at the old bridge. It was no longer in use and away from all the main roads which made it a prime hangout for kids like us along with the rift raft as well.

We had been there a little over a hour when a group of low lifers came dragging up in their beat up cars. I recognized a few of them from school and was sure something bad would end up happening. They was from the slummy part of town where the few Italians we had here lived. Josh, the boy I had dated off an on was the first to verbally attack them. "Look everyone, the rats wondered out of the slums".

Naturally all my friends laughed and added their own insults as I rolled my eye's and said "really guys, grow up. Their not bothering anyone and just came to party like us".

"What's up your butt Lotus?" Josh asked.

"Nothing your just being childish. Leave them alone".

I had to be home early that night due to a early morning outting with my mother so I bid goodbye to my friends and trudged up the steep hill to my car. Getting in I turned the ignition but it didn't fire. "What" I hissed trying again but got the same results. Popping the hood I got out and was struggling lifting it. As I was tugging suddenly it became very lite and found it's way up.

Jumping back I saw one of the hood boy's standing there. I did recognize him from school but didn't know his name. He was way taller than me and built from obviously hard labor work. His dark skin,hair and eye's seemed to  mesh into the night sky. A tinge of fear scurried down my spine and I glanced down the steep hill and wondered if my friends would hear me if I needed to scream for help.  As I was considering  if I should run down there he spoke in his Italian-Americian accent.

"What's the problem?" He asked nodding to my car".

"Oh, um, I don't know. It wouldn't crank".

He walked over to his beat up old camaro and got a flashlight. Shining it on my engine he looked around. He fiddled with some wires and said "okay. Get in and give it a try now".

Getting in I flipped the switch again and my car came to life. Excited I jumped out. "Thank you"

"No problem. Your spark plug wire came loose".

"Oh, okay".

He laughed at my no knowledge self and I just shrugged my shoulders as he lowered the hood back.

"Um can I offer you some money for your help?"

"No. It wasn't nothing to it".

"Oh. Um didn't we go to school together" I asked not knowing what else to say.

"Yea" he snuffed out.

"Well I'm Lo.."

He cut me off. "I know who you are. Your Lotus McNally, miss perfect herself".

Taken aback by his comment I shrugged it off and asked. "Sorry, I don't know your name and I'm far from perfect".

He seemed to glance me up and down at my confession and I got a tad nervous.

"I'm Seven. Seven Lambardi".

My eye's got big. I'd heard the name right often. They say he was mean, constantly in fights and probably had killed before. Noticing my shock he laughed.

"Don't believe everything you hear Lotus"

Right now I was wondering why hearing my name roll off his tounge sounded so good. "Oh, I don't. So how do you know so much about cars?"

"I work at Riccis garage back in the slums as you people like to call it".

I scrunched my nose up. "I don't call it that".

"Have you ever been there?"

"No" I said with a screech accidentally.

"See. Same difference".

Before I could reply I heard the familiar voice of Josh. "Hey Lotus you okay. This trash isn't bothering you is he?"

"No Josh. He actually helped me with my car. This is Seven".

"Yea I know who this trouble maker is." Glaring at Seven Josh snarled. "You can go now. You have no business talking to girls like Lotus".

"Josh" I said irritated.  "I was actually talking to him".

I saw Seven look at me surprised at defending him. Josh laughed. "You must be drunk Lotus. Now Seven why don't you take your leave".

Josh shocked me by shoving Seven's shoulder. "I'll only tell you once to not put your hands on me". Seven gritted out.

Josh laughed and pushed him again. Seven came back this time giving Josh a push hard enough to knock him down in the dirt. Scoffing Josh yelled "You will pay for that trash."

Seven snorted and kicked dirt at him before storming off. I watched as he got in his car and raced away. Looking down at Josh I snickered "You got what you deserved. He was being nice to me".

"That's because he's hoping you'll sleep with him. I'm surprised he didn't try to force himself on you. Those people are bad news".

Shaking my head I got in my car and left. Those dark eye's and his accent haunted me the rest of the night.