Famous Last Words

My heart was pumping rapidly as I waited for someone to answer this number I was given, my only link to Lotus. Silently I pleaded that it wasn't to late. As my hope was dwindling a harsh, male voice answered by saying "what took so long?"

Snarling back I gritted out "cut the shit. Where is Lotus?"

Laughing Lawerence replied. "She's all good for now she's just hanging out". He laughed more.

"I promise no harm had better come to her".

"Or what Seven? Right now I'm calling the shots. Here, I'll let her tell you hello". I heard movement on the other end of the line followed by a nasty pounding sound that resembled a punch. Lotus wailed out in sobbing pain and I lost My shit, my calm, my otherwise collective self. Screaming into the mouthpiece I roared. "What the fuck do you want me to do, I'll do it. Just don't hurt her. Fucking tell me".

I knew I had been defeated and I was willing to do anything to save Lotus. A dark chuckle erupted from the other end. Lawerence rattled off a address to a abandoned train station and denanded. "You have thirty minutes to get here. Come alone. If you bring your men or try to set a ambush up I will slit her throat and ship her blood to you".

"Okay, fine. I'm on my way".

The line went dead and I looked at my men. "I have to do this alone in order to save Lotus. There's a huge possibility that I want make it back. If that is the case Hector you are to take over. It's been a honor working with all of you"

"Boss, you can't go in alone" Hector spoke up.

Holding my hand to silence their protests I whispered "in order for Lotus to survive I have to". I walked out the door without another word and made my way to the train station. I walked inside to a empty lobby. Trash was scattered around and the walls decorated with graffiti. Ironic it was, I was born in similar conditions and I will die in similar conditions. Oddly enough I wasn't afraid. Knowing that Lotus's life would be spared by giving mine I was filled with peace. My final gift to her, for her to finally know that she was loved beyond measure. That my love was true, real, and would carry on into the next life.

Stepping into the center of the lobby I called out "I'm here" my voice echoed off the empty walls and I heard footsteps behind me. Turning I saw the bastard walking toward me with his gun aimed at my head and dragging Lotus by her hair. Her face was bruised and swollen which only fed my anger. Her hands were tied and a dirty ragged taped to her mouth. Her watering eye's met mine and they seemed to be pleading. "Don't worry  princess, I'm here now".

Squinting at Lawerence I demanded "You have me here now let her go".

"Get on your knees first Seven. Remove your jacket, spin around so I know your not strapped and get on your sorry ass knees".

Moving slowly I did as he asked then lowered to my knees. "Now release her"

Roughly he cut her restraints away and ripped the tape from her mouth. Soon as she was free she took off sprinting toward me. Falling to her knees to get level with me she threw herself into my body sobbing. "Shhh...princess. it's all okay now. Your free. I need you to be a good girl and leave now. Get as far away from here as possible. Don't worry about me" squeezing her tight I mumured in her ear. "Your the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't regret a moment of it. Just getting to love you for a bit was enough for my time on earth to be well lived. I love you, never forget that. I want you to live Lotus. Live, love, have babies. I'll be watching over you. Now go".

"No" she sobbed clinging to me tighter. "I want leave you Seven, I want. I love you so much". She smothered my mouth in a kiss and right now it was pure heaven. I couldn't ask for more especially after I thought I'd never feel her lips upon me again. Smiling I whispered "You just made this all worth it. I will die a happy man now. Please princess I need you to go. Give me peace at knowing that your out safe".

Lawerence jerked her from me and slung her aside. "Isn't that sweet. I almost she'd a tear, but sadly I don't have time for all this lovey dovey romance shit. It's time for you to close your eyes forever. You know by killing you my boss will definitely move me up the ladder. Hell I may even be one of his top men after this."

Ignoring his chatter I kept my eye's focused on Lotus. "Baby I need you to leave. I don't want you to see this or remember me this way. Remember our nights at the bridge where we met, think of our spot by the river where we shared our first kiss, the nights I would sneak into your bedroom, our favorite burger joint where we always shared fries" I got a tad choked up as I said the next part. "Think of that hideous bright green cupcake with the pink flower smashed on top that you gave me. That cupcake captured my heart. Make them everyday Lotus, just like that one".

I watched as she smiled through her tears while remembering that cupcake that sealed our fate, that symbolizes the beginning of us. "Please baby go".

Lawerence running out of patience stood behind me and rammed his gun into the back of my skull. "Times up.  I can't keep waiting for her to leave."

"Nooo". Lotus screamed and I heard the gun click as he got ready to pull the triger. Glancing at Lotus I whispered one last time "I love you".

A loud bang rang out mixed with Lotus's screams and it was over, just like that.