Under Surveillance

Needless to say I've been jumpy as a jack rabbit since Mr. Stone's visit. All these thoughts crept into my mind, what if Seven comes for me thinking I've ratted him out, what if I get in trouble for obtaining information. It's been almost two weeks since his visit and I was grateful. At one point I thought about contacting Hector to let him know what happened but fear crushed that idea. For one, Mr. Stone could be secretly keeping tabs on me in hopes I'd contact Seven and it's possible that Seven would force me to come stay with him in order to keep the FBI away from me and I defiantly didn't want that. I may not be criminally smart but I was smart enough to know that my phones could be tapped by either one if not both.

Further more my life here was great, my business thriving and the last thing I needed was any problems. My hope was to just lay low and maybe I'll never see that detective again. I continued to go about my daily routine and act as if everything was normal just in case I was being watched. I was thankful that I had purchased a gun several months ago but I didn't know jack about it. I didnt know load it much less aim if I needed to.

I was at my bakery late one night after hours taking care of some last minute orders so by the time I locked up everyone had gone home. I did this often and never was scared because I was in a pretty nice part of town and people was always about outside. As I was locking my doors to the bakery I heard a familiar male voice. "Dang, I was hoping you was still open. I was really craving one of your raspberry scones".

Jumping out of my skin I turned to see Mr. Stone standing there smirking. Feeling a tad irritated that he had scared me I snapped. "Don't you have something better to do like chase the bad guys instead of scaring innocent women".

Laughing he apologized. "I'm sorry Miss McNally and not right now because I'm off duty".

"Well I'm closed. If you want a raspberry scone I suggest you stop by tomorrow during business hours".

"Really? So you can't just go back in and get one for me real quick?"

Looking into his handsome face I inwardly groaned. "Ughh...fine, but don't expect this to happen again".

Grinning he gave me that wink and replied "Of course not".

I unlocked the door and let us both in. After he stepped in I relocked the door and headed to the counter. Still grinning he said "locking me in huh? Does that mean I'm your prisoner?"

Damn it why does he have to be so good looking as well as a flirt. I haven't been laid since Seven and he looked so damn yummy. "No, you can go anytime you like" I replied tartly. Obviously I sucked at the flirting game which reminded me I had no business flirting with him at all. He represented danger and was seeking out the man that I vowed never to betray. Oh this could turn into a messy situation quick. Looking into the glass case I discovered that there wasn't any raspberry scones left. "Sorry we're out. Stop by around lunch tomorrow and I'll have them ready for you".

Giving me a pouty look he said "I was really wanting one now".

Oh fudge crackers, he's going to get me killed and I can't resist that juicy protruding lip. My next words rolled off my tounge before I could even grasp what I was saying. "If your not in a rush I could whip them up for you myself real quick".

"Hmmm. Sounds like a plan to me. How often does a guy get to sample the goodies straight from the head chef".

Clearly his sexual jab didn't go over my head and I arched a brow at him. "Not very often. I'm very selective on whom I mix my goodies up for".

Laughing he joked "then you should have selected someone better than Mr. Lambardi".

Staring him down I snapped. "Your off duty so I can refuse the right to discuss him".

Holding his hands up he said "Your right. Now please make my scones".

He followed me to the kitchen and pulled his jacket off revealing a tight t-shirt with holey, tight black jeans. To occupy my dirty mind I got busy pulling out the ingredients while he watched my every move. "Stop watching me. Are you trying to steal my recipe?"

"And if I was?"

"I'd have to kill you".

Laughing he propped up aginest the stainless steel counter. Within in moments I had the scones in the oven and I joined him. "Would you like some coffee or something else to drink?"

"Water is fine". Bringing back a water he asked "So tell me about yourself?"

"Didn't I do that the other day when you came by snooping?"

"Yea, I guess you did. So tell me more about yourself other than that. How did you get into the baking business?

"Duiring school I started playing in the kitchen some to relieve stress and it started from there. Now here I am. Now tell me something about you".

"Went to the military after school. Pulled my four years then joined the law enforcement. Born and raised here. Was engaged once but she dumped me and ran off to Seattle with some emo musician. I was crushed, started drinking and had my wake up call when I woke up on the beach naked".

"Wow, that's a story. Umm...why was you naked?"

"To this day I don't know. I'd like to think I got seduced by a sexy mermaid".

Laughing I stood and went to pull the scones out of the oven. After they cooled we sat and ate them together. Once I finished I gathered the trash but Travis stopped me. "Wait, you have some raspberry jam on your mouth".

Taking his thumb he grazed my lip wiping away the jam. Instead of removing his thumb he let it trail across my lips in a slow seductive manner. I don't know why but I allowed him to insert his thumb into my moist mouth and I swirled my tounge around it removing the jam. Our eye's locked as he slowly removed his thumb. Like clock work we moved toward each other connecting our lips. This was a timid first kiss, no this was a kiss filled with raw desire, hunger, and longing. We went at it roughly. Tugging, biting lips, tounges clashing.   My hands tore through his hair as he sat me up on the cool metal counter sending the scone pan falling to the floor. I started pulling his shirt over his head as he let his hands roam up my legs. Once his chest was bare I lightly raked my nails down his hard back. His hands inched closer up my skirt and as he started to tug my panties down I came to my senses and broke away. Breathlessly I huffed. "No, I can't. I'm sorry, I just don't do things like this".

Backing away from me he smiled. "No problem. I should have had more control. I'm sorry".

I sat there taking in his beautifully built naked stomach and half grinned. "Please put your shirt back on".
Grinning he slowly slid back into his shirt. Biting my lip I mumbled "oh you could be so bad for me".

He shined that sexy grin once more and said in a gruff voice. "Maybe but I can be so good to".

Squeezing my thighs together tightly I hopped off the counter and said "out with you. We gotta get out of here for both our sakes".

He followed me out the door and walked me to my car. "Let me see you again?"

"I don't think it's a good idea Travis".

"Please Lotus. One date. That's all in asking."

Jesus, I should say no but he was so tempting. "Come on Lotus, you know you want to".

Laughing I shrugged my shoulders" fine I'll go out with you. Just once though".

Leaning in through my open window he placed the sweetest kiss on my still swollen lips. "I'll see you Saturday night. I'll pick you up by six"

"Don't you need my address?"

"Nope, remember, I'm a detective".

Unfortunately I do know that and one of the reasons I should stay far away from you. What is my issue with troublesome men.

Sin 5: Temptation