Crazy Is As Crazy Does

How the hell did I get here I thought looking around frantically. Taking in my surroundings I was in some sort of hospital room with IV's hooked to me.  Before panic could set in I heard Hector's voice. "Relax your okay. Your in the examine room at the house. You was suffering from a high fever and cough which was making you hallucinate. Your being treated for pneumonia".

Nodding my head I whispered thirsty. "Let me check with the doctor first okay champ".

Moments later the doctor came in and checked me over. No temp, no fever or chills and the needles could be removed. After a bit a hot meal was brought to me that I graciously scarfed down. Anything was better than that bland soup I had been given.

Hector spoke as I ate. "You will be set free in a few days. We want to make sure your good and healthy before we release you. Seven has arranged for you to be transported to another town. Once there you will be given directions to follow along with a hefty bank account to get you on your feet."

"Where am I going?" I asked in a groggy voice. "He hasn't released that information to us yet. Your only rule is to never discuss us with anyone. Understand?"

Nodding my head yes I mumbled. "My parents are they...?"

"Seven released them pretty much the same way he's going to release you. In return for their silence he gave them money and transported them out of town, where I'm not sure".

Nodding once again I asked "and Josh".

Hector's  only reply was shaking his head no. I knew that that meant Seven had indeed killed him. Laying back down I fell back to sleep from a full belly. Several hours later I woke back up by a nurse delivering another plate of food and I didn't hesitate to dig in. After I was done I asked if I could take  a shower. The hot water felt awesome as it sprayed down on my body and I stayed in extra long just relishing the pleasure of a bath. As I dried off I noticed some fresh clothes on the counter. Sliding in them I asked the nurse if I could see Hector.

"Let me call and see". She replied.

Hector

I was sitting in the office with Seven going over the arrangements for Lotus when his intercom buzzed. Seeing that it was the nurse he punched the button. "Yes".

"Mr. Lambardi she is awake and asking for Hector".

Punching the intercom off Seven snarled. "Go on".

Rolling my eye's I made my way to the examine room. Giving a light knock I let myself on in. Lotus was looking a lot better after her shower and some decent food. Color was starting to come back to her cheeks and she didn't look so frail. "Hector" she beamed.

Smiling back I took a seat and asked. "What's up baby".

"I'm feeling much better and was wondering how soon I could leave. I'm ready to get far away from here. The sooner the better".

"Well let me see what the doctor and Seven has to say first. Would you like to see Seven?"

Shaking her head vigorously she spat "never, I never want to lay eye's on him again".

"I figured as much baby and I know you don't like him much right now and who could blame you but he does love you. I know that might be hard to believe but he does".

"Your wrong Hector. You don't do the things he did to me to someone you love. Seven has some severe issues with trust, love, and cruelty that I hope  one day he can overcome. As for me, I'm ready to move on and start over. My love for Seven has died but I do wish him the best and hope he can heal himself one day. And me..."

I trailed off as my voice broke with raw emotion. Taking a moment to compose myself I continued. "I just want to know what true love feels like. What it feels like to have someone love you so much that they'd die before they ever hurt you. They'd trust you completely, whole heartedly. My parents didn't really love me, Lucas helped to sale me, Seven tried to kill me, and for once I want to feel loved"

I patted her hand and gave her a small hug. "Don't worry Lotus, your a beautiful girl and someone one day will find you and show you what love is. Seven does love you he just can't show it well. Now let me check with everyone and see how soon you can go".

Lotus

Within a hour Hector came back carrying a few hefty suitcases. "Your all set. We leave out in the morning".

"Where to".

Grinning he said "I'm not suppose to say but I will tell you this it's nice and sunny".

Smiling I sang "I could use some sunshine in my life".

I woke early the next morning and was ready and waiting when Hector came to get me. I piled into a van with him and two other men and took one long last look at the house. I couldn't stop my eye's from seeking out Sevens room window and I swore I saw him standing there. In fact I'm certain he was standing there. Holding my gaze on the window my eye's watered a bit as I thought about the good memories I had of him. Telling myself to stop thinking I tore my gaze away and told Hector to go.

Early the next morning I arrived at my destination, Flordia. Hector and the guys stayed long enough to help me find a apartment and settle in. I discovered I had a million in my account to get me going. Finally it was time for the men to leave. Pulling Hector aside I gave him a tight hug. "I'm going to miss you".

"No you want Lotus" he teased.

"Seriously I will and miss cooking for you all". Next I squeezed his hand. "I want you to know that you are a good person, never let anyone say different.  Even though you do what you do you have a good heart. Thank you for everything Hector".

"Awww Lotus, shit. You made me have some feelings". He joked. Reaching in his pocket he handed me a card. "My contact info is on there. If you ever need anything or someone's giving you problems call me".

Giving one last hug I waved them off and entered my apartment. For the first time in a long time I was alone and free to do as I wished. I knew exactly where to start too.