Mind Boggled

Everything happened so fast I was still trying to come to terms with it. All I was doing was speaking to my parent's in hopes of helping myself heal from their betrayal and helping someone in need. I had no clue where Seven got the notion that I was stabbing him in the back. I mean yea, I guess it could look that way but if he truly loved me and trusted me he'd have known better. What's worse was looking at the man you loved and knowing he was cabeable of killing you. The pain at seeing him aim his gun at me was unbearable and wondering what his plans for you is was torture of its own kind.

All I could do was sit on the cold cement floor in this damp cell that smelled of death and cry. I don't know how many hours passed but I was growing hungry and in a dire need of a restroom. If Seven would just listen to me and let me explain he would see this was all a misunderstanding. Then the gun shots that sounded off soon as he left me didn't help me any. Now I'm assuming he killed Josh or my parent's, maybe both.

Day 2

My strength has basically been depleted. I haven't seen a soul since he locked me in here. No food, no sounds and he disconnected my lights. I would feel my way around the wall to the sink and take drinks from the faucet. Sometimes I would just run the hot tap to warm my hands up. It was extremely cold in here. I also crawled along the floor feeling for the drainage pipe. Once I located it, I would squat over it to relieve myself. Later I curled myself back up against the wall trying to find warmth in my on body heat. When I heard the door crack open I thought it was my imagination playing tricks on me so I didn't bother to move. "Lotus?"

I heard my name but again assumed my mind was playing tricks on me. "Lotus?" I heard the voice say more frantically as I heard feet shuffle toward me. Big strong hands gripped me and I let out a shrill scream. The lights flicked on and I weakly shielded my eye's from the sting. Being locked away in dark confinement can really create all sorts of mind issues.

"Lotus?"

There's that voice again but my vision still hadn't adjusted to the brightness. "I can't see you". I struggled to say setting up with this person's help.

"It's Hector baby".

Immediately I started crying and tried to find his form in my temporary blindness. He pulled me to him. "Shhhh...baby.  just hang tight okay".

"You do believe me don't you Hector?" I asked with every ounce of hope I had left. "Of course baby. Sevens just a hard man to deal with. Give him time."

My vision finally started coming to me as I pleaded. "Please Hector, get me out of here. I can't take much more of this. I'm going mad".

Taking his jacket off he wrapped it around me and I welcomed the warmth. "You know I can't Lotus. I wish I could but it's not up to me".

Covering my face I continued to cry. "Look Lotus, I must get back but he sent me with food. You need to eat".

Looking down I found a tray with a broth like soup and a slice of bread accompanied with a bottled water. No utensils though. Hector patted my shoulder. "Be strong girl. I don't know when I'll be back".

I could only nod as he stood and left. Once the door shut I was swallowed in darkness again. Tilting the bowl of soup to my lips I slowly drink it down followed by the bread.

Hector

Fuck, I wish my hands weren't so tied. I desperately wanted to help Lotus but loyalty to the boss was my priority. It pissed me off to no ends seeing her curled up freezing in the dank cell. Seven should know Lotus isn't capable of harming anyone, especially him. Knocking on his door to report in I tried to remain calm when all I wanted to do was tell what a blind, cruel bastard he was and I wasn't the only man of his that believed this. We all had a soft spot for Lotus.