Chapter-2 The Arrogant Man Whom I Met

[ Note : For the character of Dr.Arjun, I chose Derek from Grey's anatomy. I will update this story on saturday and sundays.]

Nandhini's Point of View :

             I was having a really bad day. I was late today. I was hit a person and fell down. I got scoldings from My Chief Doctor. Now i was running to Chief's room with the discharge summary of Ms.Rita preapred by my life saver Dr.Madhu. Ya! she really was a life saver. I was checking the discharge summary on the way to Chief room. I was hit by somebody. Blame me. I am the clumsy one. The papers flew out of my hands. I huffed. I didn't see who it is. That person apologised " Sorry Ma'am!" I was busy taking the discharge papers arranged. That person was bit taken aback. I raised my head to see who it was. I fumed in anger seeing that person.

Arjun's Point Of View:

" Sorry Ma'am!" I apologised to the girl.
I am bit taken aback to see the same eyes i saw this morning. She was busy arranging the papers. Once she saw me she fumed in anger

Dr.Nandhini : You ?! How dare you !

Me: Tell me how dare I am Girl.

Dr.Nandhini : Says the arrogant person who didnt even care to apologise me this morning. Mind your words Mister.

Me : what ?!!  Why should i apologise?
You were the one at fault Girl. Even now i guess you lost your vision somewhere i guess.

Dr.Nandhini: Look Mister. First of all, When somebody hits you and fall, You should atleast have the courtesy to help them up and apologise. Secondly, I am not Some school kid to call me a Girl. I am Dr.Nandhini Manu Mister.

I was more shocked.

Dr.Nandhini: What Mister ?! Cat got your tongue.

I fumed in rage. At that time my mobile rang. It was my dear cousin Varun.

Me: Look here doctor. I dont have time for your useless talks.
I silently yelled and stromed off the place.
I heard her mutter "Idiot".

What is with her and her calling me Idiot.

Nandhini's Point of View:

I was in raging anger. I muttered "Idiot".
Is this man for real. He such an arrogant one. What was with him and his attitude? I was literally in red hot anger. I wanted to cool off. I was talking to myself sitting in the corridor resting chair letting out all my frustration.

What an arrogant man. By the time i was talking to myself came one of my colleagues Dr. Shiva. He is one such flirt, womanizer and playboy.
Dr.Shiva: What happened sweet heart?
Why your ears are steaming out smoke?
Who is the lucky one who hit your note perfectly to make you angry? You know I can take your rage off in few minutes

He said it in a flirty tone ending it by blewing kisses in the air.

Dr.Nandhini: Don't you dare start again shiv. I am trying to calm down here.

I told him clenching my jaw. He raised his both hands in the note of surrendering and left the place.

I got off the frustration and saw the watch its already 11 AM. I went to chief's room to get signature and returned back.
The chief was pretty worried that he doesnt have any assistant professor to work under him since Dr.Jacob left last month. Even there were resumes in and out everyday. He doesn't find them to be impressive. You know its pretty difficult to make an impression to our chief.

           By the time my shift got over i was telling Madhu about the hell of incidents happened today and discussed regarding patients. I and madhu often discuss different new upcoming methods of treatments and new drugs on trials and in market. We often made it our habit to see all patients in the ward before we leave so that i will be easy for us on the next day rounds.

But i don't why suddenly this arrogant idiot's face flashes in my mind.

By the time i reached home its already 6.30PM. Madhu told that we ll meet up by 7.15PM for little book shopping in the nearby Phoenix mall. I rushed to my room and got myself ready. By that time i reached the mall its already 7.30PM. Suddenly my phone rang. I took and saw who it was. It was Madhu.

Madhu: Hey baby girl!
Me:Hey! Where are you?  I am at mall.
Madhu: Nandye i am really sorry. There was a surprise visit from John. You know i thought i will spend sometime with him. I was talking with him. I lost  track of time. He said he was staying back for dinner.

She was rattling out. John is her fiance. He was working in abroad on research.

Me: Hey girlie; Stop it right there. U can understand your situation. But you wont be left out of the punishment. You owe me a weekend time.

Madhu: You are such a good friend to me. Okay i promise i ll spend a weekend with you. Bye i got to run to prepare dinner. Have fun. Take care.

Me: Bye dear. U too. Say 'Hai' to john for me.

By that time i finished my call. I was hit by tub of ice cream over my face.

Arjun's Point Of View :

          During that argument with that silly girl, My cousin Varun called me asking him to meet him at his house. To take my mind off the tension, I went off to Varun's house. After spending time and having lunch at Varun's home, we both decided to hit the mall.

          We went to Phoenix mall and Varun wants to go for dress shopping. I have great aversion for shopping. But what to do we both are very close friends. So i don't mind when it comes to him. He is still a kid. Varun is 20 year old and he is doing his 3rd year B.Arch. He was pestering to get him ice cream. I said him a big 'No'. He was pretty persistent. So he got one and you know when the devil is with me so i too got one. But what the unluck we was about to get into a ice cream fight, the ice cream tub flew off from his hand and landed on this girl who was standing a few feet away from us.

                      She was in a sky blue top and black jean. We were too shocked like her.

Nandhini's Point of View:

Once again its him. The Arrogant man I have ever met. I stromed off to the ladies restroom to clean myself. When I came out , there were two guys standing out in casual clothes. One is the arrogant man and second one is the young guy who seem to be in his early 20's.

Young Guy : Ma'am I am really very sorry. I didn't mean to do it. I am really sorry once again.

Mr.Arrogant Man was standing beside him with his arrogant smirk in his face.

Young Guy (mumbles): Arjun you are not helping.
Ma'am sorry once again.

Me: Its okay
I said to the young guy and left the place.

Really how can a man be this arrogant.

Arjun's Point Of View :

                       She was fuming in anger when she left to restroom. When she came back, I was surprised to see the same girl. I remembered her name Dr.Nandhini. The same eyes. Why am I looking at this girl's eyes always. Arjun forget it. I was smirking when varun was apologising to her. She threw a glare at me. I thought she would make a scene for throwing the ice cream at her accidentally.

                  But she said its okay and left the place. I was really surprised by her.
After that Varun did some shopping and we left. I dropped him to his house and left to my home.

                  On the way, I was reminding myself the girl Dr.Nandhini. I don't know May be she is something different. Who cares. I am not interested in her. Thinking of that, I started thinking about the job Uncle Charles told. Why don't I take up the job. I can take off my mind from my sorrows and frustrations. Let me give it some more thought.

[P.S: Will he join the job in the hospital where Nandhini is working. Give me your valuable comments and votes my dear readers.]