Chapter -14 Out Of The Blue

Nandhini's Point Of View :

When he mumbled, I felt like i heard it wrong.

(In disbelief tone) Me : What?!

When he uttered that once again a bit louder, I was frozen in shock.

What am I going to do now? Is this for real ? Is he serious?

Arjun: " Our wedding will be tomorrow."

Did I hear it correctly? Why am I hearing it from Arjun? Why not from my parents?

Me : Why?! (I asked in disbelief.He shaked his head for a don't know.)

Arjun : I asked my parents. They asked us both to meet them in the evening at the nearby 'Rock' restaurant.

I was just staring at him. He seemed confused.

Me : Okay, I will join after my shift gets over.

Arjun: Okay.

I thought to myself about my parents. They better would have an explanation.

TIME SKIP

Only question that was going in my mind was that why would they make me get married tomorrow. Was it because of my grandpa's illness? Was he worse? I snapped out my thoughts and walked towards my car. I heard Arjun calling my name. He wanted me to join. I thought with all the confusion in my mind if i go along with him that way i won't end up in an accident.

I left along with him for the restaurant.
As soon as we entered the restaurant, we spotted them in one of the booths.

I waved at them. Arjun sat down along by my side after greeting my and his parents.

They just smiled at us. Breaking the silence. I just asked them.

Me : Mom and dad, why am I not told my so called wedding is on tomorrow? Why this early? Is it like you want me out of the house at the earliest? Is it like you can't tolerate me anymore? ( I asked them in a furious tone.)

I heard a chuckle. It was from Mr.Idiot. I was irritated by the situation. I glared at him. At that time,

Uncle Manick : My dearest sweetie pie, It was your grandfather. His treating doctor said it was the right time to do CABG ( Bypass surgery done in heart attack patients.) . The chances of survival was minimal because of his old age. So your grandpa wants to see your marriage before he goes for surgery.

I didn't knew where this was gonna end. Obviously in my marriage. Why did I accept for this marriage in first place? Why was I regretting my decision? Oh God! Please save me. I accepted for the marriage. Now only i was trying to start accepting Arjun atleast as a normal person. How come was i gonna survive? I didn't know. This day couldn't get any better.

I was brought out of my thoughts by my mom's voice.

Mom : Shall we leave Nandhu?

Me : Where mom?

Mom : Didn't you listen what me and your mother in law were speaking?

What the hell was happening in my life? I was confused and saw everybody's face. Everybody was looking at me including Arjun. Arjun's mouth was hanging open.

Oh my God! I muttered it loudly. My mom started glaring at me. The day became worst.

My mom glared at me and got up to leave with my mother in law (MIL)
Mom: Follow me!
My mom yelled.
I followed her fastly. It was better way that my mom didn't lose her temper.

Time skip

Atlast after my mother's little dramatic anger, she took me to dress shopping for tomorrow's wedding. Here was I walking towards my bed lazily.

Suddenly there was a cloth over my face and I blacked out.

[ P.S : Sorry for the late short update friends. I am joining for a new job this week. So i had problem with updating the story. Next week onwards there will be a regular update.]