Chapter- 18 Perfect Co-ordination

Nandhini's Point Of View

I rushed to hospital in a cab. When i paid and left to enter, I saw a familiar car stopping at the entrance. My phone rang at the same time. It was Mrs.Geet.
Me : I came to hospital. I will be in ICU in 10 minutes Mrs.Geet.

Mrs.Geet : Okay dear.

I took the stairs to reach fourth floor. When I reached ICU, I heard the sound of lift. I was surprised to see that person standing.

Arjun's Point Of View :

I had my breath of relief after seeing Nandhini getting down from cab at hospital. My mind voice gave me a questioning look. I answered, " Obviously she is my wife now. She is my responsibility and I must know about her whereabouts."

My mind voice laughed at me mockingly. I just smirked and shrugged my shoulders and followed her. I took the lift to ICU. By that time I reached ICU she was standing at the door to enter ICU. Even in a simple white salwar she looks the best. She stood shocked to see me there. I just smirked and crossed her to enter. I stood there holding the door open for her.

Me : Are you coming or what ?

She nodded at me and entered. We both went to see Mrs.Geet's husband Mr.Hasan. Dr.Sheela who was the ICU duty doctor for the day explained about Mr.Hasan's injuries. He had a femur open fracture with vascular injury which needed a surgery immediately. Nandhini left my side to speak to Mrs.Geet regarding the surgery. I gave the nurse Leela orders to prepare the patient for surgery. By the time, I finished, Nandhini came and stood by my side. She was hesitant to ask something.

Me : Speak Up.

Nandhini : Can..... Can..... I.....

She fumbled.

Me : Can you assist for the surgery? Are you going to ask this?

Nandhini : Yyeeess
She said hesitantly and stared at me with questioning look.

I just smiled and answered,  " Yes but on one condition."

She rolled her eyes at me.

Nandhini : What will that be ?

Arjun : You are coming for a long drive with me to the place I take you to and.......

Nandhini : And....???

Arjun : No mobile phones allowed.
Unless otherwise an emergency.

Nandhini : Okay !(She said irritatedly)

We both left to Operation theatre. I was speaking to the Anaesthetist Dr.Karthik. Nandhini crossed us. She wished Karthik and left. Karthik was staring at Nandhini. I was fuming in anger on seeing that. I cleared my throat. Karthik's attention back to me.
He resumed back to what we were talking.

Nandhini's Point Of View:

I didn't know why. I felt like somebody was watching me since i entered the hospital.

I stepped in the operation theatre for Mrs.Geet's husband Surgery. I scrubbed and stepped in to the sterile area.

Arjun's Point Of View :

She was perfect in her timing. She was in the sterile area before me. She was ordering the nursing staff with authority.

I stepped inside the sterile area. One of the nursing staff out of sterile area tried to step near sterile area. Her one look made him move away. She was full of authority and attitude when it came to surgeries it seems.

She checked for the anaesthesia effect and gave thumbs up to the Anaesthetist. He smiled. She continued with the assisting. I took over the surgery. She moved with such a perfect sync with me. She didn't even wince or panic in any situation of bleeding or vitals drop. She kept her calm composure and handled it perfectly with me. What was with this girl. Was she for real? I completed the surgery. It took 3 hours for me to complete the surgery. I degloved and stepped out. I observed her to be still in place. She was there still the patient was shifted to recovery room. She degloved and moved along with the patient towards ICU. I changed myself, relaxed and went into ICU to check on Mrs.Geet's husband.

        There stood my responsible wife ordering the nurse regarding something. As she saw me, she told me the vitals of the patient and asked me if anything need to be added in the post operative orders in the patient's case sheet.

         I took the case sheet from her to see if anything had to be added. It was perfect.  You couldn't pin point a single mistake or single flaw in her  notes. She was not trying to impress me but she was making it already but naturally. Because it was her.

          We both sat at the medical officer table and she started explaining about the procedure to Mrs.Geet. I admired the way she explained. Everything was done. Mrs.Geet was all smiles and she thanked us both and blessed us both. I felt the satisfaction of my job. I saw the same in Nandhini's eyes. Was she like me ?

             We both left the ICU together. I clicked the button of the lift. I forgot one thing totally. When the lift doors opened and I entered, I remembered that moment between us. It was the one of the best moments of my life. She hesitated to enter. I gestured her to enter. She hesitantly entered. I chuckled. She threw daggers by look at me. She was all red hot anger. Seeing her all angry made me laugh more. She charged towards me with her handbag. I somehow managed to catch her forearm. We both slipped and I fell over her.

( Hey dear readers, I got a news regarding my transfer today. In few days, I will be moving out of my hometown. Afternoon got busy with calls and stuffs. So i finished the update now only. Forgive me for the delay. Ideally i should have updated yesterday. But still i finished it today  and i updated. Thsnk you for all the love. Thank for all votes and comments.)