Chapter - 12 Engagement

Unknown Person's Point Of View :

" He doesn't deserve love. He should have a loveless marriage. I will make sure he will live so." yelled my boss. She was once in love with the guy whose photo was in the room I was standing as a potrait. She used his photo as a dart board and letted out her frustration often.

Right now i was standing infront of her after saying the news that Dr.Arjun Manick was getting engaged in two weeks.

"Reena! I want to know each and every step of Arjun from now onwards.I am gonna need an update on daily basis about arjun hereafter. I am increasing your salary by 10,000 rupees." Said my boss.

"Okay boss" I smiled at her and left her place.

Nandhini's Point Of View:

What the hell did I do? Why did I end up kissing arjun? What made me do it? Am I that vulnerable. I was in my thoughts.

Suddenly took my mobile and contacted Mrs.Geet but she didn't pick up. I called Shiv but his number was not reachable.
As time went on, the tension in the air around us was thick. I secretly watched him without him knowing. He was rubbing his nape of the neck. He seemed confused. Again i tried calling the hospital reception by that time the phone in the elevator rang. Arjun was closer to it. He picked it up and spoke with the security. In few minutes, the power was restored and elevator moved and opened. I got down at 7th floor and took the stairs. I can't no longer face Arjun. I was very much confused. What would arjun think of me? Why was all of this happening? I left to canteen with all these questions in my mind.

Arjun's Point Of View:

Arjun what had you done? What was wrong with you? Were you out of your mind? You were telling that you wouldn't get married. You wouldn't fall for any girl in your life. You wouldn't trust or care or affection any girl in your life. What happened to all your decisions? Did she make you fall? Did you trust her? My head was aching with all the question. Right now I was having a tension headache. It felt like my head voiced thousands of thoughts. Ringing of phone brought me out of my thoughts.

I cleared the thoughts and picked the phone. The security informed that there was some problem with the power. Right now they were starting the generator so that in minutes the power would be restored. I said okay. The elevator was opened and I left to my room in my thoughts.

Days went on. We both had awkwardness between us. She tried to avoid me. I tried to avoid her. She didn't even talk much other than during rounds and to ask for signature in discharge summaries. The Chief returned back yesterday. He congratulated both of us on the engagement. He said he was happy for both of us. He kind of made the awkwardness more.

The day of engagement came. We had a small gathering at Nandhini's home inviting only family and Prof.Dr.Charles.
But Uncle Manu went all in. The house was decorated with flowers. The lawn was decorated for a small party with a small stage. There was a band to play music. It seemed like a red carpet event.
The lawn was decorated with lights. (Picture below)

The stage was decorated with flowers mostly red roses

( Picture below )

I saw my parents talking to Manu Uncle with excitement and happiness

I saw my parents talking to Manu Uncle with excitement and happiness.  But still it didn't satisfy my decision of agreeing to this marriage.

Suddenly,  all lights went off and came back in few minutes. And there she was in her glory. She was wearing a beautiful pink coloured silk saree. She was in all Indian tradition. I was in awe when i laid my eyes on her. It was the first time i saw her in saree. She was totally different. She had a curly hair naturally. Her hair was in braid. She looked like angel to me.

The engagement began. We both exchanged rings. She slided a gold platinum ring in my left ring finger. I slided a gold ring with My Initials "A" on it in a heartine. I rolled my eyes and thought my mom and her lovey dovey ideas. I watched Nandhini. She was just staring at the ground. We were congratulated by all our  family members.

[Picture of Arjun's ring]

(Picture of Nandhini's ring)

There was a voice on the microphone

There was a voice on the microphone. It said " This is a big day for Arjun. As my friend a.k.a my cousin is getting engaged today. I would like to dedicate a song for him. "

As soon as I heard the voice, I was fuming in anger.

[P.S : Who is that person who is in the microphone? Why was arjun fuming in anger? Wait until next update. Thank you all my dear readers. I am nearing 1K views. Please do vote and comment my dear lovely readers.]