Chapter - 10 A Day Of Chaos

Nandhini's Point Of View:

Atlast my shift was gonna end in 2 hours that will be after the clinical society meeting. I felt something bad about this.
All the department professors arrived except for that Mr.Idiot a.k.a Mr.Arrogant Arjun. All professors started questioning regarding the representative of our department.

I informed Shiv and went to Arjun's room to call him. Once i knocked and entered his room. I was in shock. It seemed like a storm had hit his room. There were papers everywhere. His landline was broken and hanging from the table. The flower vase was broken into pieces. There was a crack in his glass table with spills of blood in it. Suddenly i heard water running in the restroom. I knocked at the door. The sound came to halt and the door opened and he came out.

He was a total mess. His tie was hanging loose. His hair looked like he had ran his fingers many times through it. His right hand was bleeding. His eyes were puffy and red seemed like he had cried. He didn't speak anything. He left and sat on the couch opposite to his table.

He seemed very vulnerable. I left his room and called Shiv to inform that Dr.Arjun wouldn't be able to come for the  clinical society meeting as he was not well. Shiv told he would handle the situation. I thanked him and left to get the things for dressing arjun's wounds.

I returned back and sat on the coffee table infront of Arjun. I took his right hand and started cleansing the cut wounds on his hand. I sutured his cjt wounds and bandaged his hand. He flinched in pain once in a while. All through the while I felt his gaze on my face.

At that time, I had this thought suddenly. ' Will he accept me as his life partner? Is that what this out rage of him all about? Dunno may be.' I was about to leave. Suddenly he called me. I turned towards him. His eyes showed sorrow and hurt. He said " Thank you." I smiled and left to his room.

Arjun's Point Of View :

Yesterday I was happy to spend sometime with Nandhini. It brought some happiness to my mind. But when i left home, there was a thing which made me very upset and angry. My Dad called me into his home office and said me his decision of my arranged marriage to his Friend's daughter. As soon as I heard the word 'Marriage' , something burst in my mind and turned into rage. I was very much pissed off. I cut my dad in mid sentence and stromed out of his room.

Next morning when i came downstairs to leave for hospital, my mom called me for breakfast. I went and sat in the dinning table. I started having the breakfast. I heard my dad clearing his throat. I knew what he was going to talk.

Me : If you are here to speak about marriage, I am not in for it.

Mom : Arjun! Please try to listen.

Me : Mom ( Silent yelled )

Dad : Arjun! She is your mom. Show respect to her! (Angrily Shouted)

Mom : Arjun ! Please listen.

Me: Okay dad what you want to say?

Dad : You are marrying my friend's daughter. Thats final. Your engagement is in 2 weeks. If you say 'no' , I won't hesitate to disown you.

Mom : Manik.... Thats too much.

My dad glared at her and stromed out.
I fumed in anger and left for work. In work, my junior resident was late by 10 minutes for the rounds. I yelled at her when she came to apologise. I yelled at her when she came to get the discharge summaries signed. I signed and she informed regarding the clinical society meeting. She left with mumbling "Idiot".

I didn't know but her nickname or scolding whatever brought smile to my lips. I thought she hated me. I didn't like girls especially desperate ones. Nandhini  was not like the desperate ones or like the girls who liked to be the center of attraction.

If she was the girl to whom my marriage was arranged, I would try to consider. The words 'would try to consider' were to be underlined. I would try to consider.
After that, i was going through the case files for today's clinical society meeting.

When i finished my lunch and was about to start for the meeting, there was a call from my nemesis cousin Vishal (Picture of Vishal above). He was my best friend before but that was not the present. He was my worst enemy. He  cheated me in the past. He messed with my life.

Vishal: (excitedly shouted) Hello Arjun! Happy to hear that you moved on. When I heard you are getting married, I was very much happy and excited for you.

I felt the worst pain in my head. I fumed in anger. I was in full fledged rage. I destroyed each and even everything in my office. He was waiting to put my life in trash. I went inside the restroom to wash my face and return home to speak to dad regarding all this chaos. While I was about to leave the restroom, I heard a knock on my door. I was confused who it was. When I opened the door , I saw Nandhini standing there in shock. I passed her, went and sat on the couch. She left the room and came back after few minutes with all dressing items with her.

I was confused. She sat on the coffee table and took my right hand. Then only i noticed the cut wound on my right hand. She took like a baby's hand gently and started cleansing it. She sutured it and bandaged. It pained like hell. All through the time I was staring at her. She was wearing a white kurta with dark blue leggings with the white overcoat. She had a curly raven black hair, her eyes were hazel in colour. Her skin colour was dark. It seemed smooth. I would like to caress her cheek with my fingers. I snapped out of my thoughts.

She left finishing the dressing. When she was about to leave, I was called her. I thanked her. She smiled and left. She bore with my rage, my stupidness and my idiocy yet she behaved like an angel to my eyes. How would it feel to have her as a friend? Arjun! she agreed to be your friend. She was my friend right? So it wouldn't hurt to gift your friend something.

[P.S : Hey my dear lovely readers, I am happy that my book is being ranked at 291. It really feels awesome. Thanks to all my dear readers. I have introduced a new character Vishal whose picture is above. I have selected Jacob black my favourite for Vishal's character. Please do vote and comment so that i would try to change my plot.]