Chapter - 6 Devil at work

[ Note : Can't keep you waiting my dear readers. So I am updating today. Please comment how to improvise the story plot.]

Nandhini's Point Of View:

Its officially Monday morning. Since the dinner on saturday. Something doesn't seem right at home. There is something fishy. Let the other family members return from vacation, I will deal with this. I started driving to hospital. My favourite song was going - The Chainsmokers "Closer" (extended version).

Something slipped from my mind. I couldn't catch what it is. I reached hospital. I was greeted in lobby by Mrs.Geet's warm smile. I rushed to Chief's room. Something was a miss still. I noticed the flower bouquet in Chief's room. The Chief asked me to follow him with the bouquet.

As the view of assistant professor's room came, I realised that i totally forgot that the new assistant professor is stepping in for work today. As I and chief entered the room after knocking, I was more shocked to be greeted by the person inside. I was bit confused.

Prof.Dr.Charles : Dr.Arjun Congratulations. Welcome to Infinite health care and to our department. I am looking forward to work with you. Give your best.

I was staring at him in awe. The Devil himself is the assistant professor. Ya he is a Devil but handsome devil. Nandhini snap out of it. He is full of arrogance. He is not a person to be admired.

So better make him stay out of your way. He noticed me and smirked.

I mumbled "Idiot".
Dr.Arjun : Thank you sir. I am blessed to work under you.

Prof.Dr.Charles:Arjun This is Dr.Nandhini. She is the day shift Junior resident of our department. We also have Dr.Madhula for the Evening shift JR duty who is presently on leave.

I smiled and shook hands with him.
He just smirked. Speaking of the Idiot.

Prof.Dr.Charles:Okay then, Nandhini show him around the hospital in your free time, show him the routines. I have already spoken with HR department. They will make your ID card and your biometry things. Nandhini will help you through it. And, Nandhini and Arjun I am planning to leave for a conference to Melbourne for 10 days so in my absence i want you both to take care of the department and my dear patients. And arjun there will be an upcoming Clinical society meeting for which i want you to represent our department.

Turning towards me

Prof.Dr.Charles: Nandhini i want you to take care of the arrangements of the clinical society meeting and help Dr.Arjun through all his works as he is new up here.

I am mentally grumbling. Why me?!!!! For Ten days i am going to be in hell. I was about to leave. But Chief told me to accompany the Devil to ward for rounds as the chief is leaving.

Arjun's Point Of View:

I can sense the glares of Nandhini. I kept smirking at her. She didn't even like to be in the same room as me. I don't like girls. But this girl, she is totally different from other girls. I am eager to know about this girl.

Did Chief read my mind? He is leaving me to take care of the department when he is being away. Chief explained me regard to what has to be done and who will help me through this new hospital. Lucky me Dr.Nandhini will be there to help me. Maybe i will try to have a friendship bonding with her.

Myself and Nandhini took the rounds. She is good at whatever she does. She finished her notes perfect and investigations and consultations were up to date. I advised dressings for few post operative patients. She jotted down each and everything I said sincerely. Still i have kept my judgement about this girl open. Let me take my time.

She helped me through the HR paperworks smoothly. She was friendly with all staffs and patients. A side I didn't get to see. She showed me around the hospital. So far things are good till now.

I was thinking about the clinical society meeting and I was going through the case presentations which are to be presented. There was a knock at my office door.

Dr.Arjun : Come In.

Dr.Nandhini entered.

Her face was stern.

Dr.Nandhini : Sir, my shift is over. Can i take leave sir?

I smiled at her.
She was glaring at me already.

Dr.Arjun : What's the Hurry?! Please take your seat.

She huffed and sat down.

Dr.Arjun : First of all, I am sorry. I have been rude most of the times.

Dr.Nandhini : Can you just come to point sir?

Dr.Arjun : Nandhini.... (I huffed) Listen we are going to be working as colleagues so lets be civil. Lets start fresh. Shall we?

She thought for a while. She was taken aback a bit.

Dr.Nandhini : Mmmm.....
(I was waiting for her reply)
She continued.
Dr.Nandhini : Okay I accept your apologies sir. And okay lets start fresh.

I was very much relieved and happy. Knowing her to be a family friend and my colleague, I have to be civil with her.

[P.S: Hello my dear readers, please vote and give your valuable comments. So that i could improvise my plot. Pretty please....... please]