Flashback

Harry
Junior Year

"Are you still coming tonight?" Zayn questions as he holds a cig in his mouth. "Of course I am." I respond. I'm not going home tonight, I won't go home tonight. I take a drag of my own cigarette and it instantly relaxes my nerves.

"Damn first day of school and already people are planning parties." Louis sighs and Zayn chuckles

It's the first day of school and I wanted to go somewhere other than here. Fuck senior year

"Come on there has to be something good going on this year."

"I can feel it." Liam says as he takes in a long drag of whatever he was smoking. "You're stoned." I say and Louis and Zayn laugh

"This year is going to be the bloody same as last year." I kinda smile at the thought. Parties, the girls... but a frown comes to my face when I think about Gem, and Des.

"Damn..." someone says and we all turn our heads. In the direction of whistles. She's tall for a girl but shorter than me, her hair a curly afro, her skin like caramel, she's actually a little darker than that. She's curvy you can see it through her crop top shirt her shorts displaying her long legs. She's beautiful, I can't deny that.

"Damn indeed." Everyone stares at her but she's not paying any one any attention, her pink headphones are in her ears. "Is she new?" I hear someone say

"Is she British?" Someone else ask watching her clothing of choice.

"Is she single?" I turn to the voice, he's a jock and he looks like a fuçking dumb one at that

The bell rings and everyone groans. Time to go inside. They go about their business but I keep on staring. Eventually through the crowd I lose her and I frantically try to look for her again. My eyes searching over hundreds of kids.

"Hey Harry you ready?" Louis questions ahead of me, breaking my searching spree, I look at him and nod "yeah"

As we walk inside the school and to our lockers I see her again, she's trying to get her locker open but it looks like it's not budging. She has her books in hand and I can see that she's struggling. Eventually her arms tire out and the books fall from her hand. She shakes her head and mumbles a few words under her breathe then bends down to pick up the books.

Before I know it I'm already walking towards her, Zayn calls for me but I ignore him. A kid probably a freshman walks up to her as well but he catches my glare and turns away back to his friends. Yeah boys this one is mine.

"I'll help you with that love." I say and help to pick up her books. "Thank you." She says her eyes looking into my own they're brown a deep shade of brown.

"I couldn't get my locker open." She exclaims with a sigh. She's American. "Yeah these lockers are shit actually." She laughs and I stare at her intently. Her nose scrunched and she closes her eyes. That's fucking cute.

"What's your combination?" I ask and she looks at the piece of paper in her hands. "Umm 37, 21,3" she says hesitantly

I nod putting it in for her. I try pulling it and it doesn't work. I try again still nothing. "Don't worry about it." She says fixing her bag so it situates properly on her shoulder. "I'll just go to the office or something and-" she gets cut off by the sound of the locker opening

"Got it." I say, already placing her books inside. "Oh my goodness thank you so much." She smiles but frowns looking around the empty hallway, I didn't even notice the bell rung for classes. "I made you late." She says looking around us.