Couples Therapy

Mercedes is now played by SZA

Mercedes POV

"I think this will really help us." Harry smiles and I give him a small one in return his fingers tap his thighs, This is closest we've been in months

"yeah I agree" I sigh, I told Harry I would drive and he actually said go for it. I would like to think that prison has changed him but I would like to make sure. I want to be friends with Harry, not really close friends but I just want their to be no bad blood between us.

"So this place you booked is it good?" I know he wants to keep conversation with me even though he knows I won't try to start it. "Yeah I've heard really good things and it was actually recommended by a good friend of mine." I smile at the thought.

He nods "That's good..." he bites his lip when I look over at him. "Do I know this good friend?" He questions, I can feel him stare at me as I stop at the red light. "You probably won't remember." I shrug, pleading with this light to change green.

"I think I will." He presses. He gives out a chuckle but it isn't humorous. "Why won't you tell me." He says now his attention is fully on me. "It's not that important." I press on the gas once green and make a left. He doesn't say anything.

Once I see the office building I slow down and try to find parking. "This is what I'm talking about." He snaps and I turn to face him "What do you mean?" I look away from him to focus on parking the car. "You lie." Is what he says

"You don't tell me the truth." He continues he shakes his head "This is definitely something we need to talk about once we meet the therapist." He gets out the car slamming the door.

I sigh, I'm doing this for him. I chant in my head I'm only doing this for his sake.

He waits until I get out the car and he walks around to meet me. I head straight to the building. It's freezing cold. He scoffs. What is he mad about now? "I'm offering my hand for you to take." I turn to look at him and down at his outstretched hand.

"Harry I already told you..." I sigh he doesn't let me finish and he takes my hand in his. I roll my eyes and lead the way. Once inside I welcome the heat, "Hi we're here to see Ms Valerie." I ask and the man at the desk nods

"Mercedes Calloway." Harry's hand tenses around my own. "Yes." He looks at the computer and and nods. "Third floor first door on the right" I smile and thank him and we walk to the elevator.

"So um your last name—" he goes to speak "Is still Calloway." I answer him once the elevator doors open. "Hmm" he nods and allows me to walk in first.

"Will you change it?" He responds once it closes, I'm thankful there is somebody in here. "I don't really have the need to."

I press three. And I feel the elevator rise. He doesn't say anything else and for that I'm thankful. When we reach floor three Harry pushes past me and steps out first. The lady in the elevator doesn't seem to notice and I walk out after him

————————

"Hello Mrs Valerie" I smile and she gives me a big hug "Oh hi dear how wonderful it is to see you, as soon as they told me you wanted an appointment I wanted to find a sooner date for you to come." Her elderly smile makes me melt

"You know each other." Harry glares at Mrs Valerie. "Yes I used to babysit Mercedes when a mere child." She smiles

"But don't you worry Harry this does not introduce bias." She says sternly and he visibly softens "Alright."