three

"B-Brennen and Nik?" I asked.

"Yup." He nodded and started the car.

I mumbled an "oh" as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Here." Colby said then handed me a weird cord that was connected to his car.

I took it in my hand.

"What's this?" I asked.

He looked at me.

"You're joking right?" He locked his eyes back on the road.

"No, not really." I said quietly.

"You don't know what an AUX cord is?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"You plug it into your phone." He said. "And it plays the sound you play on your phone on the car speakers."

I'm glad he's actually explaining it to me instead of making fun of me because I don't know what the hell an AUX cord is.

I plugged it into my phone. "What do you want me to play?" I asked him.

"You can pick." He smiled.

I don't know any new/good songs so I just came up with the best lie/semi-truth.

"I don't have any songs on my phone." Even if I did, they'd probably suck.

He nodded.

"Then can you plug my phone in and play a song off of it?" He asked.

I nodded and did what he said.

"What song?" I asked.

"Have you ever heard of the band... My Chemical Romance?"

***

"We're finally here." He said as he pulled into a driveway.

"Good, my legs were starting to fall asleep."

We both got out of the car and I followed Colby up to the front door. He knocked and out came a dude. He had dark hair and green eyes, he was around Colby's height, but was a lot less scrawny.

"Hey man." Colby said and they did this weird handshake thing.

We walked inside and this place looked actually pretty nice. I looked around and saw a tiny man sitting on the couch.

"Riley, this is Brennen, Brennen, this is Riley." Colby introduced me to the guy who let us inside.

"Hey." Brennen smiled.

"H-hi." I tried not to be awkward, but it happened anyway.

"Riley, this is Nik, Nik this is Riley." Colby introduced me to the guy on the couch.

"How old are you?" Nik asked out of nowhere, even before saying "hello".

"Uhhh... I'm 19." I answered.

"Okay, just wanted to make sure you're legal. Don't wanna go to jail tonight." He said.

I looked at Colby and Brennen and they both looked like they were trying not to laugh.

"Oh o-okay." I looked down at my feet.

"Nik, can I talk to you for a second?" Colby asked, more like demanded.

"Sure dude." Nik said then stood up and he followed Colby into the what I'm assuming was the kitchen.

It was only Brennen and I in the living room now.