thirteen

hello everyone! yes, I know, this chapter is very overdue lmao

ENJOY!

⚠️ warning: conversations about cutting and brief mentions of rape. ⚠️
__________________________________

fuck

fuck

fuck

I stood up and rubbed my face.

"Colby, get up!" I said as I bent down and shook him awake.

He groaned.

"What's happening." He mumbled as he sat up.

"We have a flight in an hour!" I replied as I quickly put my shoes on.

"Riley, chill we have an entire hour." He replied as he ran his hand thru his hair.

I looked at him.

"The airport is 45 minutes away, minus traffic, and TSA takes a long time! And we have to return the car!"

His eyes widened.

"Oh shit!" He exclaimed as he jumped up and started getting his stuff.

The others were starting to wake up now.

"Yo what's goin on?" Sonia asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"We have to go right now or we're gonna miss our flight!" I replied while I tried to find my stuff that was scattered in the floor.

Last night, Colby and I went back to the hotel room and got our stuff, so that way in the morning we wouldn't have to go back to the hotel room.

I got my shoes on and waited for Colby to get his shit together.

"Let's go!" He said and we started running towards the door.

"Wait!" I heard Sonia holler.

I turned around so I was still fast-walking backwards.

"Bye Sonia! Bye Naan! Bye Neha! Bye Toby!" I shouted. "I'll visit soon! I promise! Love you all!"

And with that Colby and I ran outside and into the car he rented.

We climbed in and he immediately started driving.

"Okay, so the rental place is only like, 5, 10 minutes away?" I said.

He nodded.

He was going well over the speed limit, but who cares.

Eventually, we got to the car rental place and returned the car, the whole process only took a few minutes.

And with that, we ordered an Uber to the airport.

***

It was the next morning.

Yesterday, we got to the airport only 10 minutes before our plane had to take off.

Security took 30 minutes.

Can you see the problem.

Somehow, there was a miracle, which caused our flight to get delayed by an hour.

We arrived in Cali at around noon and just chilled for the rest of the day.

***