eight

hey! so I decided to rewrite this chapter bc I didn't like how it was before! enjoy :)
___________________________________

"Colby, when we get home we gotta go fast okay, I don't want to be in LA any second longer than I need to, I need to be with my sister."

"Got it," Colby replied as he tapped on his phone, "the Uber's on its way."

Within a few minutes the Uber pulled up and we hopped in.

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down, I had so much anxiety and I could barely breathe.

All I could think about was my dad, I know he has something to do with this.

Which is why I need to help them be safe.

They need to be far away from him.

I never even want Cora to have a doubt in her mind that she's not safe, because every day growing up, I wondered if I was safe from him.

And I never was.

***

You need help packing or anything?" Colby asked.

I shook my head before practically running up the stairs and to my room.

I got into my room and dragged my suitcase from out of my closet.

As fast as I could, I grabbed a few pairs of shorts and a few shirts. I threw other various necessities in there and zipped it closed.

I ran downstairs with my suitcase and waited for Colby.

After a few minutes, he still wasn't downstairs.

"Colby what the fuck hurry up!" I hollered up the stairs.

I heard him running down the stairs and he tripped over the last one.

I laughed as I hurried him out of the door to the Uber that was waiting for us

***

As we we're waiting to board the plane, I started to drown in my own thoughts.

What's going to happen when we get there?

How long will we be here?

Will this happen again?

What's going to happen once we leave?

Will my mom and Cora be safe?

Do I tell Colby?

Colby. He's honestly the sweetest thing and I can not thank him enough for coming with me.

I mean, never would I have been able to do this by myself.

Even if I don't want him to come with me, I couldn't do this alone.

But I'm still afraid.

Afraid of what's going to happen when everyone I know finds out about him.