nine

y'all like my artwork? ^^^
__________________________________

I asked Colby to step out of the room so I could talk to my mom in private, and he did just that.

"Mommy," I said as I hugged her,"I've missed you so much."

She started rubbing my back.

"I've missed you too baby."

We pulled away and I looked back at Cora sleeping.

"I have the money." I said, looking back at my mom.

A smile appeared on her face and tears welled in her eyes. She pulled me back in for another hug.

"You're such a strong, beautiful girl, you know that right." She mumbled into my hair.

I smiled and nodded.

We both pulled away again.

"So, I guess we should tell them that we have the money." My mom said and I agreed.

So that's what we did.

***

It was the next day.

Cora's all taken care of but she had to stay at the hospital all yesterday, today we have to go pick her up.

I can only imagine how she feels right now.

What she has to deal with.

At home.

At school.

Anywhere.

How now she'll not go anywhere near cars for a long time, or to the park.

And how kids will make fun of her for that.

Because in reality, we're all weird people who go out into public and try not to act weird. But when someone catches onto us, we throw even the most beloved people under the bus, just to not have our "secret" revealed. But little do we all know, we all have the same secret.

Kids are just trying to fit in and don't understand how their words can hurt, but teenagers do.

They completely understand how they impact others, or at least they should. If they don't I guess they're just ignorant.

Apparently ignorant and arrogant make the perfect combo because that's how everyone is these days.

They're all ignorant and arrogant little pieces of sh--

My thoughts got stopped by the sound of the shower turning on from bathroom.

I remembered that Colby said he was going to take a shower. I ran my hand through my hair as I sighed.

I looked around the hotel room and the memories came flooding back into my brain.

I looked at the bed.

Sex. Betrayal. Hatred.

I looked at the desk.

Lies. Abuse. Rape.

I looked at the curtains.