fifteen

"Is this where you wanted to take me? To an abandoned warehouse?" I asked as I followed Colby into a broken building in the middle of nowhere.

"Yeah, just trust me." I could picture the smile on his face.

I followed him deeper into the building and up a flight of stairs. "This is creepy..."

He paused and turned around to face me.

"Take my hand then."

I hesitated before reaching out to grab his hand that was waiting for me. His hand was warm and a stark contrast between the cold Kansas air.

We kept walking until we reached the roof.

"This doesn't look safe." I said as I examined the broken roof. There were holes in the roof and exposed beams. It looked like it was about to fall through any second.

Colby looked at me and into my eyes.

"Do you trust me?" He asked with a sincere tone.

My heart started to race. The word "Yes" came out of my mouth before I even had the chance to process what he had asked me.

A slight smile formed on his face and he nodded.

Still holding my hand, he guided me across the roof, making sure we were safe and wouldn't fall through. Even though I was scared shitless out of my mind, we managed to make it to a little cement square on the roof that looked quite sturdy.

"This is where Sam and I used to come when we were kids." He said before sitting down. I sat down next to him.

"It's really cool." I actually really liked this place.

He smiled. "We would come up here and just talk, ya know? Just about random shit."

I nodded and stared off into the horizon, watching the sun slowly set and disperse beautiful shades of red and orange into the sky.

"It's like a painting." I mumbled out loud on accident.

"Hm?" Colby asked as he turned his head to face me.

I looked at him and felt my cheeks blush. "O-oh, nothing." I looked away from him and back at the sky. "It's just really pretty out right now."

I could see him face to look back at the sky too.

"It is."

We sat there in silence. Comfortable and warm silence. The kind that made you feel nice and fuzzy on the inside.

We sat together and stared at the sky until it turned darker and darker and eventually shades of purple and dark blue starting taking over the sky.

"It's starting to get late." I shivered as a breeze brushed by.

"Are you cold?" Colby asked as he pulled me closer to him. "Here, don't be cold." He wrapped his arms around me.

I could feel my face burn and my heart was racing.

I've never felt like this before.

What is this?

I was too consumed in my own thoughts to realize that I was staring at Colby's face.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Earth to Riley?"

I snapped out of my trance and gave a weak smile.

He laughed. "You're so cute."

My brain was imploding with hundreds of different thoughts, but I couldn't even think at all. It felt all powerful and consuming.

And then he was closer.

And closer.

And oh my god.

His lips were on mine. I felt so special. In that moment, all of my worries and fears were gone. All I could think about was the flutter in my heart and the spark in my body. My face was a red, blushing mess and my belly was full of butterflies.

I felt on top of the world.

He pulled away and wore a bright blush across his cheeks. He gave a shy smile.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was reaching out to wrap my arms around him. He held me tightly and I never wanted to let go.

____________________

i am so incredibly sorry for the very late update. (like a year lol) but i was in the mood to write so here we go!!

hope u liked it :)

-m