ten

you guys like the new cover? ;)

thank you WxlkerPrincess for help with the cover! 💗💗

ALSO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER OOPS BUT HERES A LONG CHAPTER FOR YALL
__________________________________

I just called Colby and told him that I need to stay at my mom's place tonight.

"Riley, can you help Cora into the car?" My mom asked as we were walking to the car.

"Yeah, of course." I replied as I opened the car door for Cora.

She climbed in and I closed the door for her.

I got into the front seat and we started driving to my mom's place.

***

The sun finally set and Cora was starting to get sleepy. She asked me if I could sing to her and sleep wth her.

Before I moved, I shared a room with Cora and every night I would either sleep with her or sleep on the floor. I also sung to her sometimes when she was feeling sad or upset.

"Sure." I smiled at her as I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She smiled widely and walked over to her room to her ready for bed.

I looked around my mom's new apartment.

She just moved a few weeks ago and this is a massive upgrade.

We used to live in a trailer home, but she's finally saved up enough money to get a 1-bedroom apartment.

The apartment is still small and crappy, but it's still so much better than what she had before.

"Hey Riley," my mom said which brought my attention to her. "Tomorrow do you want to go eat out for breakfast?"

"Of course!" I smiled. "Can you pay or do I need to?"

"I can pay for Cora, but not anyone else." She frowned.

I smiled at her.

"It's okay mommy, I got it."

She smiled at me.

"Can we invite that boy that came to the hospital with you? What was his name again..."

My smile slightly dropped.

"Colby? He's eh--"

"Colby! He seems so sweet." She smiled.

"Yeah, but--" I stopped myself. I saw how happy it made my mom for him to come with us, even though I didn't exactly want him to come.

I decided that my mom's happiness is more important than mine.

"Yeah, I'll ask him."

She smiled.

"How's Sam?" She asked.

"He's doing amazing! He loves his job, he has great friends, he even has a girlfriend!"

"Aww, that's great." She smiled.

Then I heard Cora call my name from her room.

I looked at my mom then turned around and walked over to the room. Did I mention that my mom sleeps on the couch so Cora can have the room to herself.

I strive to be as selfless as my mom.

I opened the door and saw Cora laying on the mattress that was on the floor. I walked over to her and sat down next to her.