fourteen

im back from my hiatus! please enjoy this new chapter! <3

also, im writing this on my computer bc my phone is being weird rn so sorry if the formatting is weird for this chapter! 

____________________________________________________________

(next day)

I woke up to my knee t h r o b b i n g.

I pushed the blankets off of my leg and my knee was swollen.

Fuck whoever decided it would be funny to trip me last night.

I stood up and stretched. I slipped on some shorts and walked downstairs. It was 8 am so no one was awake yet. The house was a mess.

There were red solo cups scattered everywhere on the ground, empty beer bottles on the tables, and the snack table was obliterated. 

And the whole house smelt like weed.

Great.

I go over to the kitchen and get a bowl of cereal. 

From behind me I hear a, "You're up this early?"

It startled me and I dropped the box of cheerios onto the ground. I turned around.

"Jesus Sam you fucking scared me."

He chuckled.

"I've been cleaning up while everyone else was sleeping," he paused and looked at me,"now you can help me!" he joked.

"I'm injured,"I pouted,"go wake up Colby and get him to help you."

He chuckled and then sat down next to me.

"I've actually been meaning to tell you something." 

I looked at him. "And what is that..."

"So, my mom's birthday is coming up this week, and I was gonna fly over there, so I was wondering, if you wanted to come too so--"

"YES!! Yes! Yes! Yes! YEsssss! Of course yes! I fucking LOVE your family and I haven't seen them in literally foREVER!! WHen are we leaving?"

He laughed. "Tomorrow, and we're staying there for a couple days."

I smiled so big. I love Sam's family so much, they're basically my second family.

"I'm bringing Katrina too, so should I invite Colby for you?" He asked me.

I looked at him.

"What do you mean 'for me'?"

He smirked.

"I see how you guys act around each other."

Uh.

"I don't know what you're talking about... I don't like Colby like that." I replied honestly as I took a bite of my cereal.

"Mhmm." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Keep cleaning up, trash boy."

Sam made a face at me and I made one back, then he went back to cleaning up.

(time skip)

"Riley, wake up." I heard and I felt someone lightly nudge me.

I opened my eyes and I was on the plane. I looked to my right and saw Colby.

"We're here." He said and I smiled.

We've arrived in Kansas! I'm gonna shit myself!

We got up and got off of the plane. After finding our way through the airport, we finally made it to the pick up section, where Sam's mom was waiting for us. Honestly, I think I was more excited to see Sam's mom than Sam was to see her.

I literally ran over to her and gave her the biggest hug ever.

"Oh Riley! You're so big now! And you're so beautiful!"

I had the biggest smile on my face. I almost started crying.

"Mrs. Golbach, I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you so much too, Riley."

We stopped hugging and then Sam came up and hugged his mom.

We all talked for a bit before getting in her car and driving back to Sam's childhood home.

(time skip)

It was night now. Sam and I just spent most of the night telling Kat and Colby some stories from our childhood. Later, Sam and Colby filmed a video featuring me and Kat. It was truth or dare, and it was really fun.

I decided to go to bed so I headed upstairs to the guest bedroom. Sam and Kat went to sleep in Sam's room and Colby went back to his house.

But before Colby left, he poked his head inside my room and said,"Goodnight Riley." And cutely smiled.

I smiled back. "Goodnight Colby."

He closed the door and left.

(time skip)

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I rolled over and checked my phone. I had a text from Colby.

Colby: I wanna show you something today

I replied.

Me: Do I get any context??

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to the sight of a giant breakfast.

I'm starving, time to fuckin go lads.

I grabbed a plate and piled it with eggs and bacon and pancakes.

I thanked Mrs. Golbach for making breakfast and sat down at the table. I got another text from Colby.

Colby: Nope

Me: Smh

Colby: I'll pick u up in 20 minutes

Me: Fine

Time to get ready I guess.

  ____________________________________________________________

hi guys!! i hope you enjoy this new chapter! i literally wrote this all in one go and it's currently 3:30 am

i have so much planned for this story and i cant wait for yall to read the next chapters!

tell me if you liked this chapter :)

p.s. i know this chapter is kinda short (it's also kinda rushed) and im sorry about that! im just excited to get to the next chapters bc they have lots of drama!

-m