Legolas

You hummed as you approached Legolas's quarters and softly knock on his door, rocking on your heels as you wait for him to answer.

He looks tired as he opens the door, rubbing his eyes. "Y/N? What is it?"

You smile warmly. "Good morning to you too sleep head. I was wondering if you would join me for a walk?"

He frowned slightly. "What time is it?"

You shrug a little. "Early, I can't say I've been paying much attention to the time."

Legolas looked you up and down then, noting that you were still in your walking gear from the afternoon before. "Have you been out all night?"

Again, you shrug and continue to smile at him. "So? Care for a walk?"

Legolas sighs and nods. "Just let me get dressed and I'll join you."

Beaming at him, he barely contains his eye roll before he shuts to the door to change, leaving you to happily hum away and rock on your heels as you waited.

After a little while, he steps out and half returns your smile. "Lead the way."

You giggle and take his hand, pulling him along the halls and Legolas can't help but smile after you, the joy that you had clearly found on your walk becoming infectious.

The two of you left the kingdom and Legolas made sure to entwine your fingers now, making sure he kept you close to his side. While you were safe this close to the kingdom, it was never an assured thing.

"I hope you were out with a weapon last night Y/N?" Legolas asked you after some time.

Snorting, you give him a bemused expression. "Do you truly not know me better?"

He shakes his head. "Of course, but you can be a bit...wondering at times."

"Maybe so, but that does not mean I'm careless." You let your hand slip from his and stepped away, of the path that you had been following, Legolas watching you for a moment before hurrying close behind.

"Clearly you have something to show me?" He asked, stepping quietly through the woods after you.

"Shh." You hushed him and then pointed to your ear with a smile, continuing forward.

It took Legolas a moment but he could faintly hear the sound of water. Curious now, he kept up with you.

Slowly, the view of the rocky pool came into sight and the joyous smile returned to your face as you stepped towards the water's edge, stopping just before the water to touch your shoes. Your eyes shone as you took in the view of the waterfall cascading through the moss covered rocks, rippling the surface which stilled long before it reached you.

Legolas looks around with a smile. "That's it?"

You look back at him. "What?"

Letting out a low chuckle, Legolas steps close to you, wrapping his arms around you. "Y/N...you realise that almost everyone knows about this place?"

"Of course." You squirm from his grip. "But no one comes here anymore, that's why I like it."

He watches as you walk over towards the middle of the shore line, sending him a grin, before crouching down in front of a rock. Taking the hint, he walks over.

On the rock, was a single leaf.

"This is what I really wanted to show you." You said quietly. "This really shows how untouched it is here. Of all the places that this leaf could've landed, it landed right here, on this very stone, no one to disturb it. It's remarkable considered the constant changing of the world."

Legolas picked up on the sombre note in your voice and crouches next to you and returns his hand to yours. "I'm glad you shared this with me Y/N, even if it is a ridiculous time of morning."

Your smile quickly returned and you allowed him to pull you back to him, this time staying in his arms as the two of you sat and enjoyed the peace.