Eomer

The night was cool and you couldn't help but lean into Eomer, who didn't hesitate to wrap his arm around you, kissing the top of your head. This was rare for the two of you these days, the attention of the king and queen so sought after it was hard to find time to yourselves, but tonight was different.

It seemed childish to sneak out like you had, but with your horses grazing quietly nearby, it was far in the back of your minds.

The stars stretched out before you, the lake still at your feet, the snow of little bother against your heavy coats. The meal you had shared had been full of laughter and talking, reminiscing of quieter times, and as the meal settled, both of you became quiet, shifting close to each other in comfort, simply watching the sky.

"Time doesn't exist here. We could stay here forever and no one would know." Eomer said quietly, breaking the silence after some time.

You rested your hand on his leg, giving a comforting squeeze. "If only we could."

He nods with a heavy sigh. "I know, but I can dream."

You smile warmly at him, Eomer glancing at you, matching your smile and placing a chaste kiss against your lips. "Maybe we can run away, I'm sure no one will notice."

He chuckles. "No, of course no one will notice. We are of no importance."

"Precisely." You nod and then break into giggles, resting your head against him, Eomer's laughter soon joining yours.

Silence fell comfortably again for a moment, both of you watching as the moon started to rise late.

"Eomer?"

"Hmmm?"

"Does this remind you of anything?"

He laughs softly and kisses your head again. "I'm sure it does, although I can't possibly think of what."

"It seems like so long ago now." Your voice was quiet for a moment before a grin crossed your lips and you moved until you were straddling Eomer, whose hands rested on your hips. "Do I really need to remind you dear?"

Eomer hummed and kissed the tip of your nose. "Well, I'm not going to argue if you want to."

You grinned and with a playful growl, your crushed your lips to his, Eomer grunting as he quickly shifted to keep you both balanced, before a groan left him, equalling your intensity. Testingly, you rolled your hips against him, getting the response you wanted as Eomer growled into the kiss and rolled you both over.

The laughter left you quickly, stopping the kisses, Eomer looking at you for a moment, confused, before he sighed and joined in your laughter again, peppering kisses down your throat, your hands entangling in his hair after a moment, bringing his lips back to yours, both of you smiling.

"I love you." You said into the kisses. "More than anything."

"I love you too my queen." He breathed. "And if I have to steal you away like this every night to hear you say so, I will do it."

"Of that I have little doubt." You brushed his cheek, Eomer leaning into your hand and holding it there. "Perhaps we should make this our forever spot? Whenever we need it."

Eomer looked down at you for a moment until your gaze was drawn behind him, a sharp intake of breath drawn from you, and he looked up, shooting stars filling the sky overhead, your hands subconsciously joining.

"I can definitely live with that." He said quietly, looking back at you when the shower finished. "As long as you will have me."

"Forever and ever Eomer." You pulled him back to you, pressing your lips eagerly to his and both of you wanting nothing more than for this to last forever.