Fili

You held your breath and dived under the water, swimming as deep and as far as you could, enjoying the silence, disturbed only by the sound of the waterfall nearby, coming from the hole in the roof of the cave, something you had always greatly admired about this place.

Breaking the surface, you drew in deep breathes and pushed your hair out of your eyes before a voice got your attention.

"Y/N? What are you doing in here?"

You looked around and saw Fili standing on the shore, his mouth slightly open, Kili not holding back the giggles next to him.

Your face flushed, despite being far enough that they wouldn't see anything. "I could ask you the same thing, spying on me like that."

Fili's gaze went to the pile of the clothes that you had left on a rock nearby before returning to you. "But I'm not naked."

It was only when Kili's giggles got harder that you perhaps realised that the two of them weren't entirely sober.

"How much have you had to drink?" You asked a little worriedly, having dealt with both of them when they were drinking before.

Fili shakes his head. "Not much. How much have you been drinking?"

"Nothing."

"Then why are you swimming naked?" Fili asked, looking so confused it caused you to giggle.

"Because it's refreshing." You said. "However, I'd much prefer it if you two weren't here. I'm sure I'm not anything you want to see."

"Fili does!" Kili said rather loudly, bursting out laughing even as Fili shoots him a death glare.

You feel the blush return as you shake your head. "I think you've definitely had enough to drink Kili."

"Definitely." Fili grumbles. "Go home Kili."

"Aww, you going to join her Fili? Finally make a move?" Kili winks and quickly dashes away from Fili's lunge, laughing. "Fili and Y/N, sitting in a tree-"

"Keep going Kili, you'll see how willing I am to get out of this water." You said, stopping him in his tracks, his eyes wide.

"But then we'll see you naked." His voice turned quiet as he stared at you.

You threateningly swam a little forward. "And?"

Kili's mouth opens and closed before he threw up his arms with a mock scream and ran form the cave, his cackling laughter drifting back and you shook your head with a chuckle.

"Honestly..." Your gaze went back to Fili, who looked unnecessarily concerned. "You two need to learn to hold your liquor better."

His gaze moved to you, but then quickly moved away, his face flushing. Being closer now, he could see more in the clear water. "I don't want to be improper, but you could please put your clothes on..."

Chuckling again and keeping him in your view as you stepped out of the water towards your clothes, you couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him. "Relax Fili, Kili's too drunk that others won't believe him."

"But I want them too." Fili said quickly, earning a surprised look from you, finding him facing you.

This close, there was definitely no missing the flush that suddenly covered his face and he almost tripped as he hurried to turn back away.

"Fili," You gave a smirk, finishing dressing. "Give me that look again and it's my boot up your arse."

"I-I'm sorry." He stammered.

Now dressed though, you walked up behind him, smiling widely and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek before laughing as he froze. "I'm joking Fili. Maybe next time, come alone and sober and you can join me."

You headed for the exit, leaving Fili staring after, still frozen to the spot, one hand resting on his cheek.