5. They Meet✔

Neha's birthday party

Rahul stunned on seeing the ambience of the party, it sounded like kid party. He stepped outside the venue to assure himself he was at the right place. The venue had placard, "Neha's Birthday Party"

Air filled with bubbles, the light music pleasant to the ears and Color ribbons welcoming the guest!! The colourful balloons bouncing on the floor made the people stumble.Lastly few people dressed up in cartoons made their way towards each person, dragging them for dance and laughs echoed the hall. Many were keen on capturing snaps with the cartoon characters. This party contained life rather the party he had attended always filled only with the profession.

"Wow!!!," was the only word escaped from his mouth.

He was looking for Neha when his eyes fell on a girl. She had an angelic voice, capturing his heart at first sight!! He couldn't stop his eyes wandering over her.She was not extraordinarily beautiful but there was something about her smile that Rahul could not take his eyes off her. Seeing her, he felt a sudden urge to know her, to talk to her. He walked towards her in own charismatic style and said, "Hello. Have you seen Neha?"

Girl - "She must be around attending some guests."

Suddenly, Neha appears and greets Rahul.

Neha - "Hey Rahul."

Rahul - "Hi Neha. Happy birthday."

Rahul gives her the present he bought for her.

Neha - "Anjali, meet my friend Rahul Mehra, the owner and Assistant Managing Director of Mehra Industries. And Rahul this is Anjali Mishra."

Rahul forwards his hand but Anjali prefers to offer him a traditional namaste. Rahul is disappointed by this but his chain of thoughts is interrupted by a young man of his age.

The young man - "Hey Rahul. Good to see you here."

Rahul - "Hey Vikram." They hug each other and then Vikram takes Rahul to meet their other friends. Neha follows them.

Anjali thinks, "What type of person is this Rahul Mehra? He doesn't even know me and was trying to flirt. What else should I expect from these rich people? They think everything as an object made for their entertainment."

Suddenly, Neha takes the mike and announces, "Hello everyone. I know many of you are thinking that why am I celebrating my birthday all of a sudden. Well, this is because I have an important announcement to make. My dear friends, tomorrow I, Neha Arora, will be leaving for Mumbai. I have got a job there and my joining is the day after tomorrow. Since I will be in Mumbai now, I thought to meet you all. So this party. Now please allow me, the birthday girl to cut the cake."

Her friends are shocked by her sudden shift to Mumbai. Neha cuts the birthday cake which was again in the shape of Mickey Mouse.

Rahul (thinking) - "Balloons, cartoons, mickey mouse cake. All this is so like Neha." He goes to Neha.

Rahul - "Day after tomorrow Ajay Bhai, bhabhi, Adi and I will be in Mumbai. We will meet you there."

Neha - "Wow. Superb. We will surely meet."

Rahul - "Hey Neha...I wanted to know...who is that girl...you just introduced me to her??"

Neha - "And why should I tell you?"

Rahul - "I was just asking. You know for general knowledge."

Neha - "She is Anjali Mishra. This much is okay for your general knowledge."

Rahul gives Neha an innocent look. Neha starts laughing.

Neha - "Her name is Anjali Mishra. You remember Priya Kapoor?"

Rahul - "She was with us in our college. You were friends with her."

Neha - "Yes. She is Anjali's childhood friend. I met Anjali through Priya. Then we became good friends."

Rahul - "Her family?"

Neha - "Are you not asking too much? For further information please contact Anjali."

Rahul - "Alright. Just one last question. Is she...."

Neha - "Rahul, I have never seen you stammering. What is it that you want to know?"

Rahul - "I was asking if she is engaged or single?"

Neha (shocked) - "Rahul, you have just met her and now you want to know her relationship status. Seriously?"

Rahul gets nervous hearing Neha's response.

Neha (understanding his state of mind) - "As per my information, Anjali is single. Now no more questions."

Saying this Neha goes to meet her other friends.

The music played and dim lights created a joyous atmosphere. Each one started grabbing a partner for the dance.Rahul looks around and finds Anjali sitting alone and enjoying everyone's dance. He finds it as an opportunity to impress her and walks to her in style.

Rahul - "Looks like you got no dance partner. So may I?" Saying this he offers his hand to her.

Though Rahul says the statement in a normal manner, Anjali​ finds it full of playful allure. She politely refuses his offer and moves away from him. This again disappoints Rahul who lets out a sigh of despair. A little away from stood Neha, glaring at him.

Rest of the party passes without any event.

Mehra Mansion, Rahul's room

Rahul comes out of the washroom, dressed in his night suit, to find Nidhi sitting on the couch, waiting for him.

Rahul - "I thought you slept Bhabhi."

Nidhi - "How can I sleep without talking to you, Rahul? It has become my daily routine. Now tell me, how was the party?"

Rahul - "The party was enthralled. Neha is moving to Mumbai tomorrow. So she will be there to provide you company while we are in Mumbai."

Nidhi notices the excitement in Rahul's voice. She understands that something happened in the party.

Nidhi - "Rahul, just close your eyes for a minute."

Rahul stares at her but he obeys her and closes his eyes.

Nidhi - "Think about the party and speak the first word that comes to your mind."

Rahul - "Anjali."

Rahul's eyes open with a shock as he realises what he just said. He looks at Nidhi to find her staring at him mischievously.

Nidhi - "Now who is this Anjali?"

Rahul tells Nidhi everything he knew about Anjali. He tells about his conversation with Neha. Nidhi starts laughing.

Nidhi - "Rahul, you just met her and wanted to know her relationship status. What did you have in your mind?"

Rahul - "I do not know Bhabhi. When I saw her, I had an urge to talk to her, to know her. I wanted to impress her. But she avoided me. Now Neha will also go to Mumbai, I won't be able to meet Anjali again. Bhabhi, I just can't describe what I felt."

Nidhi looks at Rahul and understands his mind.

Nidhi - "Rahul, if your​ feelings are pure then you will meet her again."

Rahul looks at Nidhi and sees the belief in her eyes. He smiles.

Nidhi - "Now, you should sleep Rahul. Good night."

Rahul - "Good night Bhabhi."

Nidhi leaves his room and Rahul goes to sleep.

Anjali's house (at the same time)

The doorbell rings and Neeta Mishra goes to open the door. Anjali enters the house.

Anjali - "Ah Mumma, I am so tired."

Neeta - "I can understand dear. It's already late. Go to your room and sleep."

Anjali - "You know Mumma, Neha is going to Mumbai tomorrow. She has got a job there."

Neeta - "So this was the reason for this sudden party. This is good. Your father is going to Mumbai day after tomorrow evening and we are accompanying him. So you can meet her at that time."

Anjali - "Wonderful. I will surprise her. She will be happy."

Neeta - "Now go to your room and sleep."

Both mother and daughter go to their respective rooms.

Anjali's Room

Anjali enters the room to find Aditi still awake. She smiles at her sister and goes to change. When she comes out of the washroom, Aditi attacks her with numerous questions.

Aditi - "How was the party? Why Neha didi organised her birthday party all of a sudden? What did you do there? Did you dance?"

Anjali - "Aditi, take a breath. The party was good. Neha is leaving for Mumbai tomorrow so this party." Aditi attempts to interrupt her but she continues, "Yes, I know we are leaving for Mumbai. I am planning to surprise Neha."

Aditi - "What else did you do?"

Anjali - "Not much. You know Aditi, I met a person there. Rahul Mehra."

Before Anjali could complete what she was telling, Aditi interrupted her, "Didi, you met Rahul Mehra. Oh, God! Is he as handsome as he looks in his pictures? Didi, you talk to him? What did he say? Tell me. Come on didi, tell me."

Anjali - "I don't care if he is handsome. All I know is that he is a big flirt. He was looking at me like...like I am the eighth wonder. Seriously, always busy staring me. He even had the nerve to ask me for dance. Can you imagine? He asked me, Anjali Mishra, for dance. What does he think of himself? I wish I should never meet him again. Now go to sleep. It's already late." With this Anjali closes her eyes and is soon asleep.

Aditi was shocked by her sister's description of Rahul Mehra. She was studying business management and kept herself up to date about all happenings of the business world. She thought, "Mehra Industries is the top industry. Rahul Mehra, Assistant Managing Director of Mehra Industries, is known for his extraordinary ​business sense and is appreciated for his business decisions. How the hell is didi calling him a flirt. He is known for his chivalry. He has even started an organisation to work for the betterment of women. Never has his name been linked to a girl​. He is known as a workaholic. How can a workaholic be flirt? I think either didi misunderstood him or...or he developed some sort of feelings​ for her." She smiles at this thought and slept happily because she was the only one who knew that her father was going to Mumbai to finalise a deal with Mehra Industries, surely Rahul Mehra will be there.

;8

______________________________________________________________________________

Guys please vote and comment