11. Anjali's Thoughts✔

Two weeks had passed since Anjali and Sara's argument. The Mehras and the Mishras had returned to Delhi two days after that. Anjali and Rahul continued to meet each other and had become good friends.

It was another Sunday. Anjali and Priya had to meet at a mall. That meant that Anjali had to tell Priya about the trip to Mumbai, a topic she had been avoiding.

The Mall

Anjali entered the mall to find Priya waiting for her. She waved to her but frowned seeing her expression. She went towards her.

Priya - "You went to Mumbai. Met Rahul Mehra. The same person whom you disliked. Became friends with him. Helped him. Fought for him. Care to explain?"

Anjali - "Ah! Hello to you too Priya. First of all, how the hell did you know this?"

Priya - "That does not matter. Tell me, how the otherwise cool Anjali Mishra lost her temper when someone insulted a newly found friend of hers. Especially when that someone was the ex-girlfriend of your newly found friend. Hmm?"

Anjali - "Ummm... actually...."

Priya - "What? Cat got your tongue?"

Anjali - "Can we talk somewhere else?"

Priya - "Come, we will go to the food court."

Both the friends went to the food court. They ordered coffee for themselves and Anjali told her best friend the reason for the change in her attitude towards Rahul.

Half an hour later

Anjali had told everything to Priya except Rahul's past.

Priya - "So this is the matter. I know about Rahul and Sara. Entire college knew the truth. But you know the Oberois were losing their projects to the Mehras. And the entire business world knew that Rahul Mehra is a very good businessman. Even before entering the business, some of his decisions and suggestions had proved to be very helpful. He would have turned out to be the best player for the Mehras and he did. I don't know how but Sara's treachery did not affect him."

Anjali - "You know what Priya, Rahul told me that he never took any drastic step after Sara's treachery but....I overheard his conversation with Nidhi di at Mumbai."

(Past in italics)

Rahul and Nidhi are in the garden talking to each other.

Nidhi - "Promise me, Rahul you won't repeat the past. Promise me."

Rahul - "Bhabhi, I know after knowing Sara's truth I had gone on a wrong path. But I promise I will never repeat it. This is my promise. Have faith in me."

Nidhi nods at him and they both leave the place without realising the fact that their conversation has been heard by Anjali.

(Past ends)

Anjali - "Firstly, I don't understand why it is me who always ends up hearing other's conversation. Secondly, what is the truth?"

Priya - "If you really want to know it, you should ask Rahul."

Anjali - "I don't know how to ask. And there are many other things. Is Sara an idiot? Her brother told her something and she did it. She did not use her sense at all. Can Rahul be so loyal? I just don't understand."

Priya - "Then leave it. Anjali, just listen to your heart, it never lies. But that doesn't mean that you should ignore your​ brain. As for Rahul's loyalty, yes he was extremely loyal. Entire college knew it. He respects women like...I can't tell you. Once he had beaten a man black and blue because he had abused a girl. We all thought Rahul knew that girl. Later we realised that she was just a stranger. He is a gem. Now come let us order something to eat. I am hungry."

They ordered their food and started eating.

Priya's POV

Anjali Mishra. I don't know how many hearts she has broken. Boys were always impressed by her nature. They ran around her asking a chance to be in a relationship. But she refused. "I will never fall in love. There is no one of my kind." This is what she said. But see here. Already falling for Rahul Mehra. She doesn't know it. But soon she will understand. Only if that idiot makes no mistake.

Both the friends spent rest of the day together and soon it came to an end.

________________________________________________________

Please vote, comment and share.