24. First Fight✔️

Mehra Mansion (Same night)

Rahul's room

Rahul was sitting on the bed when Anjali entered the room all tired. She looked at him. He had still not changed. He was holding a piece of paper and his eyes were expressing anger. Anjali gulped in fear as she realised what it was.

Anjali thought, "How did he get this? Now he will pakka kill me. Oh God save me. I have never seen Rahul so angry. Hell I have never seen Rahul angry. Oh what will happen..." Her thoughts were interrupted by Rahul.

Rahul - "Can you please explain what is this?"

Anjali (innocently) - "How will I know what you are holding?"

Rahul (shouts) - "Shut up Anjali. Ho could you? How could you resign from your job? It is your passion. Then why?"

Anjali - "Oh that. I thought to first mingle in the family. Then later, I will rejoin the job."

Rahul - "You are lying."

Anjali - "No......"

Rahul - "Yes, you are."

Anjali - "No Rahul. Really I am not lying."

Rahul - "So you won't tell me. Okay. Till you tell me the truth, I won't talk to you."

Rahul said this and went out of the room.

Anjali - "What the hell? Am I a kid that he is threatening me? I will also not talk."

Anjali said this and went to the bed to sleep. But sleep was far away from her.

.

.

.

.

On the other side, Rahul was pacing around the garden.

Rahul - "I expected​ you to tell me the truth Anjali. I know my family has forced me to leave your job. But you should talk to me. I would have found a way."

He returned to his room an hour later to find Anjali tossing and turning. As soon as she saw him, she turned to the opposite side ignoring him. Rahul also followed her suit. The night turned out to be a long one for both of them.

Next morning

Everyone was sitting on the dining table having their breakfast. As they finished, everyone left to their respective rooms while Nidhi and Anjali began to clean up. Though there were many servants in the mansion, Nidhi loved doing the chores herself. And Anjali joined her.

After ten minutes, Rahul came down, all dressed up, and said, "Bhabhi, I am going to office."

Nidhi - "Hey you should inform this to Anjali, not me."

Though Rahul heard Nidhi, he ignored her statement and left for the office.

Nidhi looked at Anjali and raised her eyebrows.

Anjali - "Angry bird."

Nidhi laughed and took Anjali to the garden.

Nidhi - "Now tell me what has happened."

Anjali - "You remember the day when we had met for Rahul and my engagement's shopping. That day, Nandini aunty told me that I will have to leave my job. I was shocked but I agreed for Rahul. Yesterday, I don't know how Rahul found copy of my resignation letter. Now, he is angry that I did not tell him."

Nidhi - "And why didn't you?"

Anjali - "How could I? He would have been hurt."

Nidhi - "Well I agree. So now manofy him."

Anjali - "How?"

Nidhi - "The way only you can." She winks.

Anjali blushes at her statement. They continue to tease each other.

Unknown to them, their conversation was heard by two people. The two, who heard their coversation were themselves unaware of the other person's presence. One of them wanted to help them while the other.....

.

.

.

.

.

Evening

Ajay and Rahul came back home. In order to avoid Anjali, Rahul sat in the living room with Vijay. Anjali was standing in the same room, glaring Rahul. Nandini was sitting with Reeta.

Reeta - "Mom, why do you always read psychology?"

Nandini - "It is a very interesting subject. You know, according to psychology, we have a habit to hurt people thinking that they have hurt them whereas in reality, that person has been thinking​ about our welfare. Similarly, we hide things from others thinking that we might hurt them, but in reality we hurt them by not telling them the truth."

Both Anjali and Rahul looked at Nandini. Both of them realised their faults.

Rahul - "I will go and freshen up." Saying so, he went to his room and Anjali quietly followed him.

Nandini smiled inwardly. But there was a scowl on someone's face. Dilip Mehra was not happy.

In Rahul-Anjali's Room

As soon as Anjali entered the room, she was pulled by Rahul into a tight hug.

Rahul - "I am really sorry Anju. I should have thought from your point of view also."

Anjali - "Even I am sorry Rahul, I should have told you the truth."

Then Anjali started narrating everything to him. As she finished Rahul said, "I will talk to mom..."

Anjali - "You will not. This is about me and her. I will sort it out. Dare you interfare."

The couple spent some quality time and then once again went to their family.

__________________________

Love Always Wins had been ranked 32 in general fiction. Thanks to the wonderful readers.

So, who do you think are the two people who overheard Nidhi and Anjali?

If you like the story, don't forget to press the star.

~Purnima