25. Abducted✔

Anjali's POV

Today is Rahul and mine first month anniversary. I had been living in the Mehra Mansion for a month now. I had witnessed many strange things in this one month. I had found an elder sister and friend in Nidhi di. She had been a great support. Spending time with her and Adi has become my daily routine. Ajay bhai has also declared that he is my elder brother and not Rahul's. Rahul's face was worth watching when bhai declared so.

Rohit and Reeta have also been great friends. Often, all six of us spend our leisure time together- talking, teasing, playing. We even go out for movies or long drives. Rahul has started relaxing. he is still a workaholic but now the seriousness and hidden pain has lessened. And his unending romance and cheesy lines. Taking me out for dates, or arranging candle light dinner for us in our balcony. Don't know from where he gets such ideas.

Mala aunty, or badi ma(this is what she wants me to call her), has been a great mother-in-law. She is an exception in the family, always happy and fun loving. Playing pranks on Nidhi di and me is her hobby. She always does something to relax our mood. Not to mention, that she is a great cook. I could not help but lick my fingers.

 Vijay uncle and Dilip uncle have been behaving like typical fathers-in-law. Not talking to Nidhi di or me unless necessary, etc, etc. Dilip uncle often gives me a feeling that his not happy with my marriage with Rahul. I don't know why but i have this gut feeling. I mentioned about this to Rahul but he said that badi ma had convinced everyone. Even Nidhi di said the same. 

The most confusing person in the house is Nandini aunty. I really can't understand her behaviour. When Rahul is in front of her,she behaves as if she is least bothered. But as soon as he goes away, she makes sure that he is taken care of. She ensures that I spend my maximum time with Rahul. If she finds me doing anything else instead of being with Rahul, she taunts me to take care of my husband rather than wasting time. If she realises that Rahul and I have had an arguement, she guides us by giving psychology lessons to Reeta (which she does not need). She finds ways to help us indirectly. I have told about this to Rahul but he thinks that I am assuming her acts as something else. 

At present, I am standing in front of Shiv Mandir with Rahul. W have been sent here to seek blessings as we completed first month of our marriage. We both went to the temple and prayed for a happy married life. 

Third Person's POV

As they walked out of the temple, Rahul told Anjali to wait while he got the car.

Anjali - "I will accompany you, Rahul. I am feeling restless and I want to be with you."

Rahul - "In that case, madam, I suggest that you should stand in the corner and wait for me."

Anjali - "But Rahul."

Rahul - "The car is parked very far. You wait for me, I will be back in no time."

Saying so, Rahul goes away. Anjali was feeling extremely restless. She could feel the silence in the atmosphere. It was as if something bad was going to happen. At that same moment, a black car stopped in front of her, she was pulled inside it and the car sped away. Rahul, who had realized that the car keys were with Anjali's purse and had returned to take the same, ran after that car. But he could not match the car's speed. 

At that time all that could be heard was Rahul's blood curdling scream, "Anjaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii."

________________________________________________________________

Oh My God!!! Anjali has been abducted. Who could do so? What will Rahul do now? How will the Meharas and Mishras react? How will their friends react?

What do you think about Anjali's opinion about the Mehras? And what could be the reason of Nandini's behaviour? And is Anjali's doubt about Dilip true?

If you liked the chapter, please do not forget to press the little star.

Do share your opinion.

~Purnima