13. Feelings...✔️

Rahul's POV (Continued)

My world crashed into pieces. I knew it was a terrible shock to digest. Maybe Anjali is same like other girls who turned to be judgmental. My head swag towards the shoulder. I wished, to go back and recollect the words I have told her a few minutes ago. Don't know why the emotionless face of hers killed me.

And then she did the most unexpected thing..

Anjali - "I think I should ask Nidhi di to give me some tips to convince people."

See, I told you. Last time, I told her my past she was talking about guitar. Today, she is talking about Nidhi bhabhi. Strange girl.

"What do you mean, Anjali?"

Anjali - "Actually, Papa has diabetes and all three of us are always shouting at him to avoid sweets. But he never listens. So, I thought di could teach me how to convince people. Her eyes twinkled in eager."

"You never fail to surprise me, Ms. Anjali Mishra."

Anjali - "Why do I surprise you?"

"I am talking about my habit of drugs and you want to learn how to convince people."

Anjali - "You have already left that habit. So what is the use talking about it?"

I smiled at her statement. She was one of many.

"Yes, I have already left that habit. It was difficult. I used to get headaches, splitting headaches. But bhabhi supported me when I lost my self-confidence. She was so patient with me. Sometimes, bhai used to lose his temper. But bhabhi, she never even raised her voice. She has been a friend, a sister, a mother."

Anjali - "She is an amazing person."

We were disturbed by my cell phone. It was Vikram's call so I had to take it. I excused myself and answered the call.

Anjali's POV

Rahul answered the call. My mind went back to his confession. He had been taking drugs. It was not a small issue. I really wonder what Nidhi di must have done to make him leave the drugs. It was quite evident that he had left the habit long back. Why is he sharing this with me? And why do I always feel a pain in my heart when I see him upset? I am confused.

He told me that I surprise him. When he told me about his past or his habit of drugs, I changed the topic. Because I could see how much it was hurting him. I don't know why but I do not want to see him in pain. I was fighting inside asking why??

Rahul's​ voice interrupted my thoughts.

Rahul - "Will you accompany me to a party tomorrow evening?"

"What sort of party?"

Rahul - "Well, my friend Vikram is giving a party since his business has made a remarkable growth. So...." he said nervously.

"Question number one, if he is into business, doesn't he become your rival. Question number two, what will I do there?"

Rahul - "Answer number one, he owns a hotel, so his field of business is completely different from mine. Answer number two, I would be there to provide you with a company. And it's a business party, so most probably your father will also be invited."

"Why?"

Rahul - "Because Vikram likes inviting topmost businessmen and their most important employees to his parties. And your​ father holds a very important position in Agasthya Group Of Companies."

As he finished saying this, I received a message from Papa that we are going to a business party at The Khanna Hotel the next evening. I showed the message to Rahul and he gave me I-told-you expression.

Rahul - "Alright, so we will meet tomorrow."

"Your family will also be there?"

Rahul - "No, only I will be there. As a friend as well as a representative of Mehra Industries."

"Oh! For the first time, I will know someone in a business party."

He laughed and said, "Come, I will drop you at your place."

Saying this he drove me to my home and after dropping left for his office.

In the party(Third Person's POV)

Sanjay Mishra entered The Khanna Hotel along with his family. As usual, he got involved in business talks while his wife got busy with the ladies. Aditi, being deeply interested in business paid attention to her father. Anjali was the only person who was least interested. Her eyes were searching for Rahul Mehra. She excused herself and moved around looking for him.

It was a great party. The decorations as well as the services of the staff suit the event. Rock music was being played and many people were dancing.

Suddenly, she saw Rahul. In his black tuxedo, he looked quite handsome. Anjali thought to herself, "No wonder he is the world's most eligible bachelor." She was approaching him when....

Suddenly the lights were dim and the music changed from rock to romantic..and the dance floor was covered up with dancing couples...and suddenly someone held Rahul's hand and took him to the dance floor...seeing this Anjali got angry and annoyed but she herself didn't know why.

She was confused...could not understand why seeing Rahul dancing with another girl was hurting her. That feeling of jealousy was vigilant over her charming face which no one could notice except Rahul. This made Rahul a little anxious...and happy at heart. He realized that Anjali had started to feel something for him. His heart was dancing. He thanked the girl, who was dancing with him, a thousand times in his heart.

In the midst of romantic lights and heartwarming music...seeing, Rahul dancing with another girl burnt Anjali with anger which she tried hard to hide but failed...miserably.

Finally, she decided to leave. As soon as she turned somebody held her hand...the grip was tight but the touch was gentle...when she looked back it was Rahul.

The pleading heart which was pouring out some feelings which although Anjali knew but never admitted, made an undeniable appeal to her soul...oh his eyes that were so deep and enquiring... the touch which induced an ocean of softness into her heart....all made Anjali get lost in Rahul's eyes and mesmerisingly she moved to the dance floor with him.

And finally, the lights were dim and the mood was romantic all around... Anjali was moving in a slow motion with Rahul...both lost into each other...their chemistry made every other girl jealous.

Neeta and Sanjay were both looking at their daughter, understanding her heart. Aditi looked at them and raised her eyebrows. They​ smiled and nodded. Yes... they approved their daughter's feelings.

Vikram, on the other hand, was very happy. He quickly made arrangements that media should not witness this. Then he recorded their dance on his phone and sent it to Neha. Both of them were happy for their friend. He sent the same video to Ajay, making both Ajay and Nidhi happy as well.

Oblivious to their surroundings, Anjali and Rahul continued to dance, lost in each other's eyes. While Anjali was still unaware of the reason for her jealousy, Rahul could easily understand that both of them were falling for each other.

_______________________________________________________________

Please vote and comment...