7. A Bit Of Past✔

Rahul's POV

When I turned around, I saw the person I hate the most, standing in front of me. Sara. Sara Oberoi. The daughter of Oberoi Industries - one of the biggest rivals of Mehra Industries. My ex girlfriend. The girl with whom I wanted to share my life. I tried going away but her voice stopped me.

Sara - "What do you want to prove, Rahul? That my presence does not bother you. You convinced Neha to let me stay? Why?"

"I should be the one questioning. Why did you do this to me Sara? What was my fault?"

Sara - "What did I do?"

"Oh! Then who did it. You were the one who cheated me. You were the one who broke me."

Sara - "Don't put false blames upon me, Rahul. I am not responsible for anything."

"You are the sole reason for everything. I loved you with all my heart. But you...you just played with my emotions."

Sara - "I did not. You do not deserve to be loved. No one can love you."

Anjali's POV

"I did not. You do not deserve to be loved. No one can love you."

I had come towards the dining room to have some water and this is what I heard. Suddenly, Sara moved out of the room in anger and went towards her bedroom. I peeped in the dining room to find Rahul sitting on the chair and weeping. He was looking broken and miserable. He was holding his head and sobbing like a child. I did not understand what to do. I ran towards Neha's room and banged the door. Finally, the door opened.

Neha - "Anjali, why are you here at this time?"

I quickly told her everything.

Neha - "Oh God! Wait. I will call Ajay bhai and bhabhi."

She went towards their room. I came back to the dining room.

Rahul was still sitting on the chair and sobbing. Seeing hi like this was hurting me. I went to him and kept my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me. His eyes reflected deep pain. I could not see him like this. I gave him some water and started rubbing his hands. That's when I noticed Ajay bhai, Nidhi bhabhi and Neha standing at the door.

Neha's​ POV

As soon as Anjali told me about Rahul's condition I ran towards Ajay bhai and bhabhi's room. I knocked, no banged at the door. Bhabhi came out. I told everything to her. Bhabhi panicked but then followed me to the dining room along with bhai.

When we entered the dining room the sight in front of us amazed us. Rahul was sitting on the chair and drinking water. He was still weeping. Anjali was rubbing his hand. When Anjali noticed us, she tried to remove her hand but Rahul held it tightly. The sight was amazing but our priority was Rahul.

Bhabhi - "What happened Rahul?"

Rahul - "I do not deserve to be loved. No one can love me."

Bhai - "Who said this to you, Rahul? This is not true."

Rahul - "No one can love me...no one..can love me...no one."

Anjali - "Why are you saying so, Rahul? Look at your bhaiya and bhabhi. They love you so much. Seeing you in tears is hurting them. Then how can you so."

Rahul looks at Anjali amazed. Even bhai and bhabhi were surprised hearing this. I felt proud that I had a friend like her.

Rahul nodded his head. He got up and hugged bhai and bhabhi. Bhai took him to his room. Bhabhi came towards Anjali and said, "Thank you so much, Anjali. Thank you for supporting Rahul. I have a request to make. Please don't tell about this to anyone. Not even Sara. I beg you." She joined her hands in front of her.

Anjali - "You are like my eldest sister. So, you should order and not request." Bhabhi hugged Anjali and went towards her room. I hugged Anjali. She looked at me and asked, "What is all this?" I took Anjali to the terrace.

Terrace (Neha's POV)

We entered the terrace and sat on the chairs. I started narrating the past to Anjali.

(The past is in italics.)

Rahul, Vikram, Sara and I - all of us were doing MBA from IIM Bangalore. We were very good friends. It was our last month in our college. Rahul and Sara were in a relationship since one and half year. Rahul was head over heels in love with Sara. Sara and I were best friends. One day Sara and I were sitting in our college canteen. Rahul was calling Sara. He must have called her at least twenty times. Sara was continuously ignoring his calls. I asked her, "Answer his call Sara. Why are you ignoring him? I am noticing this since many days."

Sara - "I don't wish to talk to him."

"You both had an argument?"

Sara - "No."

"Then why are you doing so. He loves you so much. Even you love him..."

Sara - "I don't love him. I never did. I never will."

"What are you saying Sara? All these years....what was that?"

Sara - "I am the only daughter of Oberois, the biggest competitor of Mehras. Rahul Mehra can not tolerate fakeness in relations. He will be broken. This was my brother's plan."

"How will this help you, Sara?"

"He is an expert in business management. If he joins the Mehra Industries, they will be at the top. But no more, I will break him beyond repair. Mehras will lose their son and the best player..."

Rahul had entered the canteen and had heard Sara's confession. Tears were flowing from his eyes. He tried to confront Sara but she left.

(Present)

"Somehow Rahul completed his degree but he was no less than a living corpse. Nidhi bhabhi and Ajay bhai supported​ him. No one else in his family knows this."

I looked at Anjali. Tears were flowing down her eyes.

Anjali - "Then why did he ask you to allow Sara stay?"

"This question is haunting me Anjali. No one can understand Rahul."

Anjali - "You know Neha, I misunderstood him as a womaniser. But...I should apologize. And I will."

"I know you will. But Anjali, promise me you won't say it to anyone. And stay away from Sara. As much as you can."

Anjali - "I promise. And I will stay away from her."

We both decided to go to sleep and left for our rooms.

______________________________________________________________________________

Will Anjali apologise?

Please vote, comment and share.