21. Wedding✔️

This chapter is dedicated to TanmaiPratap who made an extra effort to promote the story. Thank you dear.

_______________________________________________________

The pre-wedding rituals had started in both the houses. Anjali and Rahul were not allowed to meet each other as a part of these rituals. To compensate it, they had started using their cell phones to be with each other. Their unending chats had irked Neeta to such an extent, that she had locked Anjali's phone in her cupboard. As a result, Rahul had called Sanjay in order to know Anjali's well being as he imagined her lying unconscious in her room while everyone else was busy in the wedding preparations. Neeta had literally screamed at Rahul while all other members of the Mishra family could not control their laughter. Then Shanti Mishra explained them that they could not meet as it was believed that the bride should not leave the house after Haldi ceremony.(Correct me if I am wrong)

The preparations at Mehra Mansion were not as enthusiastic as at Mishra's​. Still the wedding preparations were going on. Nidhi was more enthusiastic than anybody else.

Wedding day

The day of the auspicious event had arrived. Mehra family and Mishra family were present at the wedding hall as well as Neha, Vikram and Priya along with their families. Rahul and Anjali had decided against inviting anybody else as there had to be a grand reception party to welcome the Mehra daughter-in-law.

The bride and bridegroom were both sitting at the mandap with the priest chanting the mantras. Everyone in the family looked happy.

The priest gave the mangalsutra to Rahul to tie around his wife's neck. Rahul did the same and filled Anjali's partition with sindoor - both being the physical symbols that make her recognisable to the world as a married woman. As he did so, Anjali could not help but close her eyes, feeling contented and emotional.

The priest then ordered them to stand up for saptapadi, to make seven vows to each other.

The first to share the responsibility of providing for their household.

The second to strengthen their mind, body and soul to accomplish life's needs.

The third to accomplish wealth and prosperity through righteous means.

The fourth to acquire happiness through mutual love, respect and trust.

The fifth to raise strong, virtuous and courageous children.

The sixth towards spiritual values and longevity.

The seventh to stay best friends in this lifelong wedlock.

After that, the priest announced them as married.

As they step down the mandap, Rahul notices that his shoes are missing. He looks at Aditi to find her grinning. Aditi is joined by Priya and Neha. Rahul looks at them and asks, "How much?"

Aditi smiles and says, "Just three..........promises."

Rahul frowns.

Aditi continues, "You will always keep my sister happy."

Rahul - "Done. Her happiness will be my priority."

Priya - "You will support and respect her."

Rahul - "If I don't, you are free to kill me."

Neha - "You will find time for her no matter how busy you are."

Rahul smiles and says, "I will."

Everyone smiles at their conversation while Anjali and Rahul hugs the three of them.

Then, the couple goes and touches every elder's feet. Everyone blesses them to have a happy married life. When they go to touch Nidhi and Ajay's feet, they are stopped.

Nidhi hugged Anjali and said, "Welcome to our family. Now this grown up idiot husband of yours is your responsibility."

Anjali pouted and hugged her back. It was the time for vidai. Anjali wept in her father's arms. She got a lot emotional. Rahul could not see her like this. He walked to her and whispered, "You are not leaving your family just joining a new one. They are still your parents and will remain so forever."

Anjali looks at Rahul and saw sincerity in his eyes. That moment, Anjali Mishra once again fell in love with Rahul Mehra.

Mehra Mansion

Anjali and Rahul stand at the door while Mala welcomes them with an aarti. Then Anjali is instructed to enter the house by giving a slight push to the pot of rice with her right leg.

After some other rituals, Anjali is sent to Rahul's room while Vikram and Ajay pull Rahul to the other side of the house.

___________________________________________________

Do not forget to paint the little star if you like the chapter.

~Purnima