Chapter, 17, Guard Dogs and New Suits

David knocked gently and pushed his head through the door enough to see Arthit.  P'Arthit,  there's someone here to see you.  

With his face already beaming a smile:  "Yes,  Nong,  I'm expecting company,  please show him in."  

Opening the door fully,  Kongpop stepped in front of David and walked toward Arthit. 

As they embraced openly,  David asked if Kongpop or Arthit needed anything.  "A drink or coffee perhaps?" 

Leaving quietly,  he set off to get the requested coffees.

"P'Arthit."  Kong's  voice was excited.  "It's so much nicer than I thought,  wow!"  

Arthit pulled him to the big chair behind the desk.  "Here Kongpop sit."  

Surveying the room from Arthit's daily perspective,  Kong was impressed.  He didn't stay seated long before he hugged Arthit again and then headed to the large L-shaped wall of windows.  Looking out he could see that it was a completely different view in the opposite direction,  than they had at home.  All of Bangkok was stretched out in front of him.  "I don't know how you get any work done,  I would just want to stare out here all day."  Kong's face was bright and every white tooth in his mouth was gleaming.

...........

...........

Kong dragged his finger along the spine of the many manuals that were lining the bookshelf along one wall.  He teased. "Have you read all these?"

Arthit chuckled.  "Not yet Kongpop,  but I'm working on it."  

"Look at this."  Arthit spun one of the large folders on the desktop so that Kong could see it,  he was standing in front of the desk now.  "It's Prem's master design folder,  this is what got him promoted and these designs are the reason for the whole new department."

Kong sat in the guest chair that faced Arthit's.  Glancing at the technical drawings and pages of handwritten notes,  he could see that Arthit really did have his work cut out for him.  It was hard to believe that Prem could have accumulated so much work in the time he'd been away.

Knocking and waiting for an answer before opening the door,  David entered with a small tray and two foamy cafe lattes'.

...............