⠀⠀⠀⠀― 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ﹔𝐬𝐨𝐧

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀" ― 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝒋𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
" ― 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝒋𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ( December 25, 1977 )

Since adults kept themselves busy with Christmas preparations, James, Sirius and Regulus decided to spend some quality time together, which of course involved Quidditch, despite the cold winter weather. It was not a surprise that James was a rather good player, hence he was the captain but against the teamwork of Sirius and Regulus, even James struggled.

As if the brothers had a way to keep a quiet conversation, they knew where to stand and how to get the ball from James, much to the frustration of the captain. But, unfortunately, their game had to end just when the rain started. Thus, the boys immediately ran back inside the home and find something else to do. And Regulus could already guess whatever James and Sirius had in their mind would bring more trouble than a joy to them.

"I really don't think it is a good idea, Sirius," Regulus said as he tried to hold Sirius' leg, whereas he tried to jump on the tree from the window. Fortunately, it was just beside the window, but knowing Sirius, Regulus could already guess that something meant to happen.

It was a mistake to play truth or dare with two mischief-makers.

"You can always give up, Padfoot," James called with a wide grin on his lips. Sirius tilted his head back to narrow his eyes at James and almost said how he would never give up when he saw the door open and James' mother walked in.

It was probably a second long hesitation that made him jump on his feet, for her to not see him at the window, though Sirius' fast gesture caused him to hit the vase nearby. The vase dropped and broke into pieces.

As if the room was charmed to be silent, no one talked for a minute, until James' mother broke the spell and took a couple of steps forward towards Sirius. Thinking she was angry and would yell at him, Sirius held his breath and flinched when she reached for his hand.

"Did you cut your hand? Are you okay?"

Sirius did not expect her to be so worried for him and tilted his head towards where Regulus stood to find him surprised as well. Their mother, unlike James', was rather sensitive about vases at 12 Grimmauld Place, as all of them were left by their ancestries.

"Aren't you angry?" therefore, Sirius asked timidly, just to be sure she was not angry to him.

"Of course not, those kinds of accidents happen," she replied with a gentle smile. "I lost the count of how many vases James broke."

"But James is your son," Sirius found himself saying, even if he felt regret over his words later, at least, until he heard her answer. An answer that almost made him cry.

"You are my son as well, Sirius."