⠀⠀⠀⠀― 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞﹔𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀" ― 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
" ― 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ( September 1, 2009 )

Regulus let Hermione and Ron go to the Great Hall before him, as he first decided to visit new headmaster in his office. He could guess how nervous the fellow was, even if he would probably try to play it cool.

Regulus still remembered how the fellow's face was when Minerva asked him if he could become a headmaster after her retirement. It was a big shock, not only for him but everyone else as it meant a great responsibility. Yet, a good one as well. That was why the new headmaster accepted the offer.

"Look at your face, are you going to throw up?" Regulus asked with a teasing tone as he opened the door of headmaster's office to find Sirius in the middle of the room, staring at emptiness. He was dressed rather well, with a velvet jacket and nicely shaped hair, though Regulus could see his leather jacket at the side of the room, waiting to be worn again.

"The only problem of my face is, it to be too handsome, Regulus," Sirius stated arrogantly as he tried to push away his nervousness and walked towards his brother.

"Do you think I can do it?" he asked and Regulus could sense from his tone that Sirius was actually nervous and scared to be the new headmaster of Hogwarts.

"You will do great, Sirius," Regulus replied, "but if you ever think about retirement, I can-"

"Reg," Sirius called as he squinted his eyes, which only caused Regulus to laugh at him.

"Alright, alright, let's go before they start the feast without us."

"And if you ever see a black dog wandering around the corridors, pet his head and remind him of what a good boy he is..."

Regulus had to cover his mouth to not laugh at Sirius' speech, though he could see he was not alone at it. Defence Against The Dark Arts Professor Remus Lupin and Herbology Professor Neville Longbottom was as red as Regulus was as they tried to hold back their laughter. From the other side of the Hall, Regulus saw Peter, Harry, Hermione and Ron were not different than them as well. Even students seemed to be amused and charmed by their headmaster as they listened to Sirius with wide smiles on their faces.

Familiar faces were among them, one of them being Regulus' son, seventh year Slytherin Sirius Lee and Remus's son, first-year Hufflepuff Ted Lupin.

And as Regulus and Sirius looked at them, before their eyes met, they only thought about one thing.

Somehow, all was well.

⠀⠀⠀⠀― author's note!

Thank you so much for reading Dear Brother, I hope you had fun reading pieces of this alternative universe. The follow-up book will be posted soon!

🎉 You've finished reading dear brother ─ ⠀⠀ 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤﹔✓ 🎉