⠀⠀⠀⠀― 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞﹔𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀" ― 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
" ― 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ( November 4, 1979 )

A day after Sirius' birthday, James Potter and Lily Evans decided to tie the knot because they did not want to regret anything while they were in the middle of the war. The idea of being without each other seemed to scare them and well, everyone expected them to get married sooner or later anyway. What they did not expect was Lily to ask Remus and Peter to walk her down the aisle and James to ask both Sirius and Regulus to be his best man.

"You can't have two best man and two people to walk you down the aisle," four of them protested as they did not want to force the couple to give those kinds of tasks to them. However, James and Lily always knew how to be different, so they did not back up and instead told four of them to be ready. Yet, they had only one small warning for the Black brothers.

"No puns."

Deerly beloved, family and friends, it behooves me to deliver this speech to two of the purest harts I know, two individuals so fawned of each other that it completely bucks the notion of superficial love.

Doe they will surely go through many trials and tribulations in the years ahead- many high and low points, stag-nant periods, when their love seems fallow- I know, as someone who knows them best, that they will not allow themselves to fall into a rut.

When it is all over, and people are sitting around telling tails of these two, they will be telling each other the purest love story anyone has ever herd.

By the time the brothers finished their speech, everyone was laughing, especially James' parents, whereas James and Lily just stood there and let out a loud sigh.

"Why did you even remind him of the puns, James?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀― author's note!

The best man's speech was found in the Pinterest, credits to the rightful owner.