vi.

Algee ran outside as fast as he could, almost falling down the stairs because he was going so fast. Even though he prayed that Diane would fall off the face of the Earth, he never wanted anything to happen to his child. Dashing across the street, he halted in the middle of the road as his eyes watched the fire grow bigger and bigger. It was terrifying, but not as much as the figure that was comforting Diane.

" Amani? "

Amani was kneeling near the crying female, rubbing her back. She couldn't quite hear him call out her name since it came out as a surprised whispered than out loud like he wanted it to.

Meanwhile, her husband was stuck, scared out of his mind of what conversation those two were holding. The thoughts of what was being said filtered his brain, all he could imagine was that Amani would turn around, tears down her eyes as well, and throw off her wedding ring.

" Ooooh my god, " Keith popped up next to him, whistling lowly as he got a good grip on Algee's shoulder. " Damn. I didn't think it'd take her house catching on fire to confess about cheating. "

" You stay with the petty ass jokes! Don't you got some ghost hoes to be fucking with? "

" Not til midnight. "

" Algee! "

Both men looked towards Amani as she told Diane something before making her way over to them, well Algee.

" Good luck. "

Keith stepped to the side as his sister approached the man next to him, silently laughing to himself.

" Baby, I know you're upset so I just wanna say that- "

" I can't believe this happened. I probably jinxed her when I made a comment about our house catching on fire, " Amani cut him off as she had her arms wrapped around herself, shaking her head while sighing.

" What are you talking about? "

" Yeah what you mean sis? "

Algee slowly turned his head in Keith's direction, Keith just shrugging and looking more confused than he was.

" Nothing. It's just that now she doesn't have anything. "

" Yeah, I bet. I'll help find her a house in New Jersey- better yet, she can hit up England. I bet she'll love it there, " Algee started rambling on about how Diane would be " better off " somewhere else.

" Real subtle, stupid. "

" What- Algee no. She can't move out of state with my god baby. "

Algee had stopped talking, eyebrows raised so high it was hurting his forehead.

" Your what now? "

Amani turned around and went towards Diane, helping her up and pointing towards Algee. He could've sworn her face lit up like the fourth of July when she seen him, meaning this fire was no damn accident.

" This like some shit I had seen in a Lifetime movie once. Except Amani didn't get pushed down the stairs and Diane ain't an obsessed white woman. "