vii.

A week has gone by since Diane officially moved into the Smith residence, and things couldn't get more out of hand for Algee than it did at this given moment. He has his baby momma and his wife underneath the same roof, and to some dudes, this would be impressive. But to him, this was his biggest nightmare. An angel was giving him shit, his wife was helping his enemy, and he got a baby on the way. Not only that, but his so called "friend" knows the truth and is trying to sabotage his marriage behind his back. He was tired of living double lives, and he knew that someday the truth has to come out. The real question is, when?

Algee had been staying with Woody since "Master Splinter" got adjusted into the house, and to be frank, he didn't know what was worse. Hearing Woody getting his knob slobbed on in the next room or the thought of Diane telling Amani about their affairs since he ain't really there no more. Today was Saturday, and he was supposed to be out chilling with the boys. Yet he found himself sitting on the couch watching Maury, yelling at the TV screen every time the dude turned out to not be the father.

"Damn Jamal. I was rooting for you, too. Thomas ain't shit compared to you!" Algee had his feet propped up on the table, big ass bowl of popcorn sitting on his lap. This was a routine for him, and it was becoming sad.

The front door opened and loud voices filled the living room, making Algee roll his eyes in annoyance before reaching for the remote and turning off the TV.

"Y'all niggas stay being loud," He commented, looking over the back of the couch at the others.

"Don't be getting too comfortable, G. You gotta remember that you only temporarily staying here. This ain't no Motel 6," Woody laughed while tossing him the bag of McDonald's, Elijah soon joining in with him.

"I know, and I appreciate it. I'm just nervous. What if she threw my shit out by now?"

"Lucky for you, we just drove by your house. I ain't see a garage sale sign that read Deadbeat Nigga Shit so you saved for now," Elijah had plopped down on the loveseat, his hand going up to dap off Woody.

"Has she called your phone? I mean, you did just up and leave after homegirl moved into your spot. If that don't set off alarms for Mani, then she lowkey dumber than I thought. No offense, G," Woody threw his hands up before going back to pulling out his burger and fries from the bag.

"She ain't dumb. She just too naive, that's all," Algee shrug his shoulders before returning to his fries.

"Ain't that the same thing?"

"Woody yo dumbass needed to finish school," E dodged the handful of ketchup packets that were thrown at him, laughing with his mouth full of a Big Mac.

While those two bickered back and forth about Elijah being black and boujee yet still broke, Algee got another call from Amani. "Confessions" by Usher, the ringtone he had set up for her, broke up the argument while they stared at the phone then back at the male.

"Ain't you gone answer it?" Woody questioned, pointing to the iPhone with his eyebrows raised.

"I think Imma just let it ring," He replied back, sitting back on the couch.

"You must really want your shit on the lawn, huh?" Elijah rolled his eyes before jumping up from his seat on the loveseat, handing grabbing the phone and answering it. Algee tried to stop him, but E had put it on speaker so he stayed quiet.