xii.

Both Algee and Diane's head snapped towards the dark-skinned male standing in the doorway, his eyebrows narrowed into a firm arch while his arms crossed tightly over his chest. The female scoffed while peeling herself off of Algee, her eyes rolling as she straightening out her clothes.

"Luke, why the fuck you here?" Diane questioned, her back arched slightly while her right hand landed on the small of her back. 

It was quite evident to Algee that she was unimpressed with Luke being the one who walked in on them, giving him the thought that she was waiting for somebody else to catch their false make out session. 

"My bad for wanting to check up on you and my future niece or nephew ━"

"She ain't here if that's the real reason why you showed up." Algee had done spoken up, the obvious agitation being expressed through his tone. 

Luke just chuckled darkly at the sudden outburst, shrugging his shoulders as he slowly approached the back of the couch. Wanting to be on guard just in case anything pops off, Algee quickly jumped up from his seat, turning around to be faced with a caught off guard Luke.

"Easy there, little nigga, I ain't with it right now. If I wanted to hurt you, I would've done it by now."

About to comment, a car horn sounded off outside and both men turned to see Diane putting on a jacket and struggling to slip on some black flats. 

"And where the hell do you think you're going? You look like you about to pop any fucking second, you shouldn't be going out."

Algee watched her flip him off as she brushed passed him to get to the front door. She gave Luke a small side hug before leaving out, slamming the door shut behind her. The atmosphere around them soon changed from irritated to awkward and unsettled. Instead of speaking, Algee was just about to walk to the kitchen when Luke spoke up.

"Did you ever love her?"

Pausing in his place, his hand ran over his tired features, feet soon rotating his body to look over at the other. He smacked his teeth in annoyance.

"That ain't yo business. Now get the fuck out because I don't see any other reason for you to be here right now since yo she devil sister left." Pointing to the hall that led out of the room, he held this glowering expression that made the other male shake his head with a tiny frown on etched over his lips.

"Why did you marry her? If you were cheating on her since the beginning, why the fuck would you even bother making it official? To hurt her? To play with her emotions ━"

"Look, Al Roker, I said get to stepping."

"You vowed to be with that woman through better or worse, through sickness and in health. She lost everybody, Algee, everyone that truly cared about her."

"She never lost me."

"But she never had you either." Luke was starting to get under G's skin, to really get to point of all of this. It baffled him late at night to think of the whole nightclub incident, to even be able to witness and hear such cruelty come out of his mouth to a woman who did nothing but really give their relationship her all. Algee, on the other hand, was steaming on the inside. He didn't like this interrogation and lecturing he was receiving. He knew what he had done was wrong, but he stayed moving forward, never backward. Which was why he blew off the idea of trying to win her back. Why bother? He's about to be a father soon to a child she practically took care of.